To New Beginnings

Kaylee Dallas POV

I woke up to blurry vision. Once it was clear there was a guy who looked exhausted but he was attractive. He had black hair a pretty smile and fair skin. I looked around to see Charlie pacing back and forth in one corner and Lexy sitting in the chair swaying back and forth. Stephan was sleep in another chair. I sat up too quickly because a sharp pain traveled through my body and the guy laid me back down and smiled at me. Everyone expect Stephan rushed over to me.

Lexy's face lit up and Charlie looked like he just saw a ghost. I looked at myself and I was covered in bruises and scars. When I went to touch them they ached like crazy.

"What happened?" I asked as the guy wrote down some stuff on a clipboard. I looked at Charlie he was still in shock but my sister looked like she could speak.

"You were in a coma for about 2 weeks now." I gasped at her reply. 2 weeks what about my spa... health? Just then my stomach growled loudly. I patted my stomach and sat up slowly this time. It didn't really help because it still hurt.

"Are you hungry?" Charlie asked still having shock all over his face. I nodded my head and he wen tot go get me something to eat. I turned to the attractive guy to find out who he is.

"Um... if you don't mind me asking who are you?" He smiled brightly and grabbed my hand and kissed it gently.

"I am Brad Durand. Cousin of Stephan, bestfriend of Charlie. I am also a doctor and I had to take over your operation because the doctor here have no idea what they are doing." I smiled lightly at him and mouthed 'thank you'. He had a heavy French accent that's how I could tell he was related to Stephan.

Charlie walked in and gave me a salad. I looked at him then back at the salad.

"I don't want this shit." I said handing it back to him. He chuckled and grabbed the salad.

"Fine you can have my bur-" Before he could finish his sentence I took the burger and took a bit out of it. Charlie took and seat in the chair and I told him to sit next to me so he crawled under the cover with me. My sister sat on the edge of the bed and looked down on me like I was silver and gold.

"I-I am so sorry Kaylee. I should have listened to you. Because of me you nearly died." My mouth dropped at what my sister said.

"Are you insane it wasn't your fault. I shouldn't have gone out in the state I was in." The flashback started in my head. I reached out my arms for my sister to hug me which she took as an invite.

~

A couple of days later I was let out of the hospital I could walk talk and do everything I could do before but I had to be a little more careful. Charlie insisted that Lexy and I stay at his house.

"Charlie you really don't have to do this." Charlie sighed loudly and held me by my waist from behind.

"You and Lexy are staying and that's the way is gonna be." I smiled at him and limped to his bedroom. It was huge with a king sized bed and for some reason it had my favorite scent twisted peppermint candles. I limped to his vanity table and thought 'why the fuck does he have a vanity table?'

Charlie walked in with a box of some of my clothes and stopped when he saw me. For the first time in forever he blushed at the site of me.

"Charlie what are you doing with a vanity table?" I put my hand on my hip and squinted my eyes at him. He looked away from me and I smirked.

"I-It's for you." For me? Aww he is so sweet.

"Aww thank you... but we will only be here for a couple days." Charlie fiddled with his fingers then finally looked at me.

"Well I was hoping you would.... maybe move in with me...." My eyes widen. He wanted me to move in with him? I was flattered.

"I think I will take this chance." I said kissing him on the cheek and walking out. Before I could walk out he caught my wrist and crashed his lips on mine.

"Now you may go Kaylee." He smirked at but the box on the bed. I was hungry so I went to the kitchen for some food.

I went to the fridge and there wasn't anything in there. I went to the cabinets no food in there either. I  sighed and turned to leave when I saw I smiling Rose smiling at me. It freaked me out a little.... okay it freaked me out a lot.

"Hi... Rose." I tried to leave the kitchen but she stopped me.

"Hey Kaylee. How are you feeling?" I faked a smile and stood up straight.

"I feel great thank you. If you don't mind I am going to go back to the room and order pizza." Rose gave me a blank stare.

"Fine what's up?" I said giving in and sitting at the table.

"Why don't we start over?" She said as she sat on the edge of the table. Starting over with Rose.... it couldn't be that bad because Charlie was able to handle her so... why not?

"Uh.... yeah." I walked over to the cabinet and grabbed wine the one thing he had in his kitchen. I poured a glass for me and her.

"To new beginnings?" Rose hesitated but grabbed her glass and clicked it against my glass and gobbled down her wine.

"To new beginnings." Rose said as she sat down in the chair. We sat there talking for what felt like hours.