Waking Up

Charlie Lyons POV

I watched as Stephan and Lexy went to the cafeteria. I was sad on the inside. I had never felt like this about anyone. And I sure as hell wasn't going to sit around and allow her to die. For Lexy and me and everyone else that Kaylee Dallas mattered to. 

I was heart broken and I wanted nothing more than to hold her in my arms and see that she is okay. I spotted a doctor I saw talking to another doctor outside Kaylee's operation room. I walked up to him and spoke.

"Is she okay? How is she? Is she going to live?" I asked as panic ran through my system. 

"Um.... she is currently in a coma from all the blood loss in the crash and in the surgery. If she is to wake then yeah she can stay alive." The doctor brushed past me to her room to go check on her. I walked back to my seat to try and calm myself down.

Hours past by and I was getting more anxious to see Kaylee. Stephan and Lexy hadn't come back form the cafeteria. All I could think was where the hell were they? Did they eat the whole fucking cafeteria and everyone in it? But what was really on my mind was Kaylee. Flash backs of her smiling face appeared in my mind. 

"Charlie are you okay?" Lexy said running up to me. I completely ignored her and kept thinking on how this happened. If she is going to be okay. I could see Stephan grab Lexy by the hand gently and sat her down.

The doctor came towards us and we call stood up. He looked up at us from his clipboard a bit surprised since he didn't say anything but we all just knew it was for Kaylee.

"Um.... are you Ms. Alexis Dall-"

"Yes that is me is Kaylee okay?" Lexy cut the doctor off and the doctor frowned. Stephan both looked at her and she got a bit embarrassed. "Sorry go ahead."

"Well since you are Kaylee's sister is it okay with you if I discuss Kaylee's current status in front of these two gentlemen?" Lexy nodded and looked up at me and patted my back.

"She is still in the coma. As you may or may not know when you are in a coma usually that is the body's way of healing. In her case the her body is restoring the blood lost from the crash and from the surgery." Lexy slowly nodded her head.

"So.... what is the percentage that she will wake up?" The doctor looked at his clip board for a moment then back at Lexy.

"Really a 50 50 chance of her waking for it putting her to rest completely." I could hear Lexy's screech under her breathe. Once the doctor was gone Lexy sat down and rested her head in her hands crying. I couldn't take this anymore I didn't want to feel this way again. Weak and hopeless it was terrible. When I was in the hospital with my ex fiancé I felt the same way. I knew I needed to see Kaylee to see she was okay again.

I got up and walked to the room I saw Kaylee was in before. As I walked in I could hear the beeping from the heart monitor. Kaylee was laying in the bed breathing normal but that was it she wasn't the same. She was paler than normal, and she had bruises, cuts, and other things that can leave scars all over her body. I wanted to hit whoever did this to her but I knew that is not what Kaylee would want. I walked up to her body and kissed her hand. All she did was breathe up and down.

"Kaylee... I know I seem so mean and tough but I really am not. I am a... soft little bunny  I really love you." That very second I said that the heart monitor speed up a little. So she could hear me which made me even happier.

"Oh Kaylee I am so sorry just wait till I find out who did this to you." My fist started forming a ball. I kissed her forehead and left the room I needed to get her out of this state.

So I decided to call my good friend Brad. He is a professional doctor and a great friend I know I would owe him the world but I would do this for Kaylee.

"Hello?" Brad said a bit tired.

"Hey Brad I need you to come the hospital." I could hear Brad sigh heavily.

"Charlie if you got yourself in trouble I can't help you." I got a bit more aggravated by his smart remark.

"Shut the fuck up dick-wad and get here." My voice roared at him and I could imagine him cringing in fear.

"Fine I am on my way." I hung up the phone and hurried to Kaylee's room. When I arrived in the room doctors were rushing in the room and assisting her.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?" All the doctors focused their attention to me and frowned. "Well are you going to stare at me or tell me what the fuck is happening with my girlfriend?" One of the nurses walked up to me and took me by the arm trying to lead me out of the room. But I jerked my arm away from her. She sighed and looked up at me.

"We have a strict policy here of no swearing sir." She tried to force on a smile and I glared at her.

"FUCKTY FUCK FUCK FUCK NOW GET OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY!" I yelled at her then brushed past her. I didn't waste time to see what was happening. When I finally got all the doctors off of me Kaylee was coughing too much.

"So is she out of the coma?" I said turning around The doctor nodded with disappointment.

"But something has gone wrong that's why we would like for you to leave." I turned back to Kaylee and grabbed her hand and kissed. I leaned over and whispered in her ear 'I love you'. Then I was forced to leave the room.