Chapter 6: Usually fearless...

Lauren POV

I woke up to an ear piercing scream; it wasn't like a normal nightmare scream.. You would think someone was being murdered or something terrible. I shot up and looked around, I didn't see Camzi anywhere. "MOMMY!!!" She cried.

I followed her cries to the bathroom on the first floor. She was curled up on the bathroom floor crying and trembling. "M..mommy ...m..m..mommy.." She cried over and over.

I bent down to pick her up and set her on my lap. "Baby.. What's wrong. Tell mommy what's wrong." She pointed to the corner and cried harder before covering her ears and letting out another ear piercing scream that sent everyone rushing in, including Demi because she spent the night.

They all looked extremely panicked. I looked down at Camzi who was still screaming and covering her ears. "Baby there's nothing there.. I got you.." I turned her towards me letting her koala bear me as she continued to cry. "Can one of you get me her Paci please..?" I asked. Dinah nodded and went to go get it.

"Lo is she hallucinating?" Demi asked. "I..I think so." I said with uncertainty. Dinah came back soon with her Paci, "Thank you so much DJ." I said. "No problem." She replied. I lifted Camzi's chin up, which was difficult because she was panicking and she was clinging onto me really tight.

"Camzi.." I addressed her and she looked up and I gently put the Paci in her mouth. I smoothed her hair and held her close. "Shhh.. You're okay." I cooed. Eventually she had calmed down.

I stood up and went back to the living room where everyone else followed me there. Dinah sat to my left, Ally on my right, Demi and Mani were in front of me. "Laur you should try and figure out what she saw.. I'm worried about her." Ally spoke up.

"Yea you're right." I said. "Camzi..?" I addressed the small, frightened girl in my arms. "Wes mommy?" She mumbled around her Paci. "Can you tell mommy what you saw?" I asked. "I..I.. S..sh.." She started. "Come on kiddo spit it out, you're alright. We don't judge.." Mani said, encouraging her.

"S..s'a..d..dow m..man.." She cried into me. Everyone gasped, we haven't heard Camila talk about shadow man in a very long time, last time I heard her mention him on a regular basis was almost a year ago. "Shadow man can't hurt you baby." Ally said. "Yea. We'll keep you safe Babygirl.. Okay?" I said.

She nodded and drifted off back into sleep. "You guys can go back to bed now, Thank you so much for being there for her through that." I said. "No problem." They all said, before going back to bed since it was around 3am.

I decided to carry Camzi up to my room and let her sleep there. I turned on AHS, I cuddled up to Camzi and wrapped her tightly in my arms. I couldn't get back to sleep so I ended up staying awake all night with Camzi wrapped as tightly in my arms as she could possibly be.

Camzi POV

I woke up and mommy was beside me. She was awake still. I hope mommy got sleepy time last night. She looked down at me, "Morning baby." She sounded sleepy. "Mornin mommy." I said still a little tired.

She picked me up and helped me get clean and brush my teeth and brush my hair and get me dressed. She gave me light blue shorts and a gray shirt with the same blue hearts. She even got me frilly socks. "Fank tu mommy!" I hugged her tight and she smiled at me and picked me up.

Mommy carried me downstairs and everyone was awake already. But mommy looked more tired than them. "Mommy sleepy time?" I asked. "Some, yes." She said. I nodded. We sat down on the couch and I looked around and my heart started beating really fast.

I looked across the room at Dem Dems and I saw shadow man behind her. My heartbeat got too fast and it made me breathe in and out really big and everything got fuzzy and my head felt full of air.

Mommy looked at me worried. "Baby breathe.. Come on.. You got it." I looked around panicked and it looked like everything was foggy and laggy and slow and scary and the shadows were gonna get me. I held onto my head to make it stop but it kept going and it got badder.

I fell into mommy's arms and she held me really tight and told me it was gonna be okay. Mommy rubbed circles on my back and it made by breathing go slow again and I could see right and it wasn't foggy anymore. I took a big breath in and held onto her tight. She scares shadows bye bye with her cuddles.

Lauren POV

After what just happened to Camzi, I'm growing increasingly worried about her. She pretty much had just went into a pretty bad panic attack for no reason and that really worried me. Usually something triggers them.

The other girls looked at her worried too, besides Ally and Demi, they were in the kitchen making breakfast. Dinah and Mani sat next to me. "She'll be okay lo." Dinah said. "Yea she's got a great mommy." I smiled at both of them. "Thanks girls, I love you both so much." "We love you too." They said simultaneously. "Breakfast!" Ally called.

We all stood up  and I carried Camzi into the kitchen. Ally made pancakes. "Pancakes!!!" Camzi cheered, it was too cute. We all smiled at her as everyone dug into their pancakes.

We all pretty much spent the day cuddled up in the movie room, watching various movies and eating gummy worms and popcorn. After dinner, I curled up in my bed with my adorable little Camzi, she held onto my fingers and drifted off into a hopefully  peaceful sleep and not too long after, I was able to sleep.