Chapter 22: Tengo tu foto pa' volverme loco...

( ^^ song reference, don't judge me) 

Lauren POV

"Hey miss, do you recognize this woman? We were told that someone here may be able to identify her." The police said unknowingly. I quickly covered Camzi's eyes. 

"Her name is-" I cupped my hand over her mouth. 

"Hold on." Camz quickly came very uneasy and I got worried that she was beginning to catch on. Just then, Demi showed up. Jesus, she has perfect timing.

"Demi, please take her out of earshot. Please. It's..." I whispered the name to her. She quickly nodded and picked up Camzi, taking her out of the room. 

"Okay... I know who she is, but if you know who she is, why do you need to identify her?" I asked, stepping outside, Normani soon joining me. 

"Well, we think that you can identify this little girl." The police showed me a picture of Camila that I had been trying to get out of my mind since the first time that I saw it. Normani and I shared a look. 

"Why?" Mani asked. 

"We need to open up an old case and find this girl to testify against the offender." The police admitted. 

"Oh no no no.. she can't do that. You can't do that, that's way too traumatic, we just got her to stop talking about it all of the time not too long ago. Are you crazy?!" My overprotective side for Camila came through rather quickly. 

"Yea... that's pretty messed up. Isn't there enough evidence? Just lock her up!" Mani nodded, agreeing with me. 

"You can't just traumatize someone who is so fragile all over again like that. There better be a good reason you're trying to open the case back up!" I told her sternly. She nodded, 

"We did lock her up, but she's out on bond and there are suspicions that she has started doing what she did again. The thing is, the majority of the system thinks she's a changed woman, which isn't true. We have two new cases of an unknown woman doing the exact same thing that she did to Camila two years ago... only one of those children made it and refuses to testify alone no matter what lengths we go to. We are also doing this for Camila's sake. If she finds out where Camila is.. we just don't want to risk it. This is the only way to be certain that she gets put in prison for the rest of her life." The police spilled. 

Mani and I gasped as she explained. 

"Um.. we need some time to think about this, please," I told the officer. 

"Here, this is a copy of the file and in there is my number, just give me a call. Okay?" We both nodded and I took the file. 

"Have a good day girls, stay safe." She said, walking away. 

"You too." We told her in unison. It was so much to take in, but we knew that we couldn't discuss any of this until Camzi was in bed because this could really be detrimental to her. We hid the file on top of the refrigerator and joined Camzi, Demi, and the rest of the girls. Demi was holding Camzi and looking at me concerned. 

I felt like all of the color had still not gone back to my face. Camzi seemed better than she was doing earlier though, which was good. I really wanted Camz to be safe and not have to worry about that bitch coming back for her, but I'd feel so guilty making her go through that trauma all over again, I couldn't put my baby through that again. 

I think I'm gonna have to have her do it... God knows what she'd do to Camila if she got ahold of her again or another kid, she could kill them and losing Camzi is not something that I even want to try to imagine.