Chapter 13: If you could feel my heartbeat now...

Lauren POV

I was getting Camzi ready for the doctors. She'd been asking me where we were going all morning and I didn't have the heart to tell her we were going to the doctor because of how much she associates stress and anxiety with doctors and hospitals.

We were supposed to go to a meeting but I told management that I had to take Camila to the doctor and I needed Dinah with me on standby in case something happened.

They said they still needed Normani and Ally to go and then they could transfer the information to us. Ally and Normani had left about 20 minutes ago so I was waiting on Dinah to get ready, since by now Camzi and I were ready. "Dinah are you ready?" I called. "Coming!!!" Dinah ran out of the bathroom and we got into the car.

I let Dinah drive, despite the fact that her mom would kill me for it if she found out. I just needed to be in the back with Camzi incase she freaked out when we got to the doctors office.

It was only about 30 minutes away, that's not too bad. "Mommy?" "Yes Babygirl?" "Where we going." "We are gonna go get something to make Camzi feel better." She looked at me confused and slightly worried. "Don't worry sweetheart, you'll be fine. Auntie Dinah will be there and Mommy too."

She nodded and layed on my lap as I played with her hair. It was pretty much silent the whole ride aside from the radio and Camzi talking in her sleep every so often. Eventually, we made it to the doctors, I didn't want to wake Camzi up to be honest because.. I mean we are in a doctors office and I don't want her to be so anxious.

I let Dinah carry her inside and I carried the bag that we packed to keep her occupied if we had to wait for a bit. I made sure I had the diagnosis papers and we head inside.

The waiting process and filling out the paperwork only took about 15 minutes, then we went back to see a doctor. "Have a seat, what brings you girls here today?" The doctor asked.

"Well you see, we had Camila given a psychological evaluation by Dr.Morgan and she came to two conclusions, that Camila was schizophrenic and had separation anxiety. She said these forms are enough to get the proper medications to help her."

I handed the doctor the forms and he looked them over, "indeed they are. I can give her an anxiety medication that you can give her at times when her anxiety is heightened, and an mild antipsychotic to help with any auditory or visual hallucinations she's having." He told me as he filled out the two prescriptions.

"That will be great, thank you." "No problem, is there any thing else you need to discuss?" He asked. Okay.. Here we go. "Is there a pill that I can take to help me um.. Produce milk?"

He looked a little confused, Dinah looked shocked as fuck, we hadn't previously discussed this. "Yes there is, you do need a prescription for it though, would you like me to write you one?"

I nodded and signed everything I needed to and he gave me the prescriptions for everything and we headed home. "Can I drive Laurrrr." Dinah begged as she handed me Camzi. "Fine." I laughed a little as I got into the car.

"We have to stop by the pharmacy on the way home." I reminded Dinah. "Okay.. But breastfeeding?" "Yea, you know the papers that Dr.Morgan gave me before she left?" She nodded. "It's a comfort thing, to help with the anxiety I'm guessing.

Well at least that's what it said." I told Dinah. "Ohhh, that makes sense, and if you think it's what's best for Camzi, I support it, anything for her." She smiled.

"Thanks DJ." "No problem." I was honestly surprised that Camzi had stayed asleep for this long, not that even was that long, but it was long for her. It was worrying me a little.

"Dinah, do you think it's a good or bad thing that Camiz is sleeping longer than usual?" "I wanna say good, but it could be either." "I just have a bad gut feeling DJ.. Like a motherly instinct or something." "Maybe you should wake her up." "Okay." I looked down at Camzi, who was sleeping on my lap.

She furrowed her eyebrows in her sleep and I knew she was having a bad dream, I was right. I caressed her face and she relaxed and held onto my hand. "Camzi." I called. "Mommy." She answered. "Wake up sweetheart, mommy needs you to wake up."

Slowly but surely, she sat up in my lap and melted into my arms; her heart was racing a little still so I rocked her back and forth slowly to soothe her and it worked. This is one of the rare or first times I've ever been able to stop one of her nightmares when it was starting so that she wouldn't be so overwhelmed when she woke up.

I kissed Camzi's forehead as Dinah went though the pharmacy's drive through to her the prescriptions. The ride home was peaceful, well as peaceful as it gets with Dinah being Turnt up to Beyoncé in the car. It was kinda funny to be honest and Camzi was even dancing on my lap a little. It was a good moment in time.

A/N
Just a little short update to show you give you guys the results of the voting. Also, if you have any ideas or suggestions tell me, I'd be happy to try and incorporate as many as I can. Thanks in advance XOXO