Chapter 8: This is the life

Lauren POV

I woke up around 8ish to look down and see Camzi resting her head on my chest. She furrowed her eyebrows in her sleep and a tear escaped her eye. I slowly sat up and pulled her closer to me. I caressed her arm and kissed her forehead. "Shhh..." I cooed.

"M..mommy?" I smoothed her hair. "Yes baby it's mommy.. Mommy's holding you close.. You're okay." Her expression became gentle and she brought her arms closer to her chest and curled into a little ball with her head resting gently on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around the little ball that was Camzi that was curled up on my lap.

Her head slipped off of my shoulder and onto my chest as she started whimpering. My heartbeat sped up a bit when it became evident that Camzi was having another nightmare; her nightmares are getting more frequent and worse and to say I'm worried is an extreme understatement.

Her bottom lip quivered as she let out a cry. I gently and securely wrapped my arms around her and pulled her back up so she was higher up on my chest. I felt Camzi's heart rate pick up. I caressed her cheek and it caused her heart to slow down some. "Mommy has you. You're very very safe and nobody is gonna get you or the girls or mommy.. Mommy has you wrapped up tight in her arms.. Okay?"

She nodded her head in her sleep and her tears stopped. "That's it Babygirl..." I said pulling the blanket up around her. A few moments later Dinah walked in. She looked like she had been crying. "I...." She started. "Oh DJ come here.." She came and sat beside me and I engulfed her in a hug, "What's wrong Hun?" I asked her, rubbing her shoulder as she wiped away her tear tracks.

"Just had a bad dream and I heard you talking so I came in here cause I didn't wanna wake one of the other girls up." She confessed. "Probably from that damn movie love. That last one that you watched was really fucked up." I said softly. She nodded. "Yea it was because of it.. because the dream I had was a lot like the movie, it just felt real; it shook me up a little." She said as I rubbed her back with my arm that wasn't around Camzi.

"I'm just not gonna watch something like that again.. What about Camzi?" She said looking over and Camzi, who reached out an arm towards Dinah when she heard her voice. "She's had a horrible nightmare early this morning, I had to get in the bath with her and pour water over her head to wake her up.. I was so scared DJ, I didn't know what to do. Even though she did eventually calm down.. I just.. I don't know Dinah."

I was cut off my Camzi placing her hand on my cheek.. "No be scawed mommy." She said softly and quietly in her sleep before koala bearing me. "That was the cutest thing Lo." Dinah said smiling at me. "I smiled and placed my hand on top of Camzi's, which was still on my cheek. "I love her, she's my Babygirl." I said smiling at her.

"Aweeee." Dinah said. I gave her a cheeky smile. "I'm gonna let her wake up on her own then just let her eat then." I said. Dinah nodded, "seems like a good idea to me; what do you want to do today?" She asked me. "I was gonna see if Camzi would want to go to Disney when she gets up." I said. Dinah got wide eyed. "Omg Disney!!! I hope she says yes!" She cheered. I laughed at her.

Camzi curled into me in her sleep before slowly rubbing her eyes with tired fists. She looked up and me and smiled. "Mornin mommy." She said kissing my cheek. "Morning Babygirl." I said back. "Mornin Auntie DJ." "Morning sweetie." Dinah poked me implying for me to ask Camzi about Disney. I nodded.

"Camzi I have to ask you something." She looked up at me and furrowed her eyebrows. "Wes mommy?" Aweeee. "Do you wanna go to Disney with the girls today." She thought for a moment and smiled, then her smile faded. "I has to be a big girl..?" She asked shyly.

I thought for a good moment, what if we get recognized and she gets bombarded and has a panic attack or something because she doesn't understand what's going on. Maybe we can rent out the park.. I'll ask Dinah. "Dinah ask Big Rob if we can rent out the park." I told her.

She texted him and asked, he ended up saying it was okay. I looked back at Camila who was still looking at me with anxious and pleading eyes. "No Babygirl, you don't have to be a big girl unless you want to." She smiled again and cheered, "Wes mommy I wan go to Disney!"

I returned the smile, seeing her so happy put a smile on my face. Might as well get ready and make sure everyone is up and eats so we can head to Disney for the day. This should be fun!