Chapter 26: I love you

Dinah POV

I woke up to the morning sun beaming in through the gaps in the blinds. I looked to my side, seeing that both Lauren and Camila were still sleeping peacefully. I soon heard a sharp knock at the front door. I'd nearly forgotten that security was coming first thing this morning. I slid from the warmth of the bed and ran downstairs. I peeped through the camera monitor by the door before letting security inside.

"I'm so thankful that you guys are here," I spilled. "Of course. Keeping you girls safe is our priority." I smiled in return for his reassuring statement. I looked up to see Camila wandering down the stairs, a blanket wrapped around her shoulders. She came up to me and buried her face in my side and cried.

"What's wrong, love?" I asked softly, smoothing Mila's hair gently.

"M mommy won't w wake up!" She sobbed. A portion of me was concerned, but I knew that she was probably just sleeping hard.

"I'll come help you wake her up, sweetheart. She just took some medicine last night," I told the crying girl buried in my side. Camzi nodded bashfully and I excused myself before leading her up the stairs. "We'll just be posted around the house, okay?" Big Rob assured me. I smiled back at him and told him, "Thank you," before continuing my way up the stairs with Camzi.

I led the anxious girl into the room where Lauren was sleeping, wrapped up in the blankets. I sat Camzi down on the moon chair in the corner of the room and made my way over the Lauren.

Sitting down on the edge of the bed, I smoothed her hair out of her face, "Laur, come on, wake up." Nothing.

I decided on shaking her, "Laurreeen..." She furrowed her eyebrows slightly. Demi walked in.

"That's a girl... come on, wake up. You were freaking Camzi out, hun," I spoke softly. Demi walked over and took a seat on the other side of Lauren, who had started falling back asleep. Demi sat Lauren up in bed, gently slapping her cheek a few times. Lauren started to open her eyes, squinting them back closed almost immediately due to how bright it was in the room.

Camzi, who had been watching anxiously, crawled onto the bed, "Mommy?"

Lauren rubbed her eyes and looked up at Camzi with a small smile, "Hey, baby girl."

"Mommy okay?" Camzi questioned worriedly. Lauren nodded and brought Camzi in for a warm hug.

"Are Mani and Ally up yet?" Lauren asked groggily.

Demi nodded, "They went downstairs to get breakfast ready."

*Time skip after breakfast*

I could tell that Lauren's anxiety was through the roof all morning long. She hadn't let Camzi out of her sight for even a moment. She had even been taking her to the bathroom with her.

Camzi was getting tired and we could all tell, but Laur was too scared to lay her down for a nap or to lay with her because she was scared she would fall asleep and something would happen. We were currently trying to convince her everything would be alright, but there was no convincing her.

"Lauren, why don't you just watch something while she naps?" Mani suggested.

Lauren shook her head, stressfully running a hand through her hair, "I I could fall asleep doing that."

"I could stay with you," I offered.

Lauren teared up, shaking her head, and gripping her hair in her hands, "B but wha what if-"

Ally steadied the anxious girl, "Dinah will be with you. It will be okay. Take a deep breath. Repeat after me... Camzi will be okay."

Lauren took a deep breath, "C Camzi will be okay."

"Good, now go on upstairs, okay?" Ally told Lauren. Lauren nodded and picked up Camzi off of the couch, who had fallen asleep by now. She carried her upstairs, to her room, and tucked her into bed. I followed close behind.

"Where do you want me?" I asked her. Lauren looked like she was in deep thought.

"Laur?"

"Hmm?"

"Where do you want me?"

"Oh... um, can we sandwich Camzi? I'd feel a little better."

I nodded, "Of course." I laid down on the opposite side of Camzi as Lauren and I got under the covers. Lauren laid down and cuddled up to Camzi. It was like she couldn't get close enough. I felt awful for how anxious all of this was making Lauren. Don't get me wrong, the rest of us are anxious too, but it's taking more of a toll on Laur.

Lauren put a movie on the tv, but about 20 minutes into the movie, I noticed she was fidgeting a lot and taking deeper breaths. Upon taking a closer look, I realized she was crying.

I got up and positioned myself next to her, wrapping an arm around her, "Lauren, hey... what's wrong?" She completely broke down in my arms... sobbing and quickly beginning to hyperventilate.

"Okay, okay... slow down. Let's take some deep breaths, yeah?" Lauren shook her head and embedded her hands in her hair making fists with her hands. I pulled her into my arms. The poor girl was trembling. I gently traced my fingers up and down her arm,

"Shhh... how can I help?" Demi must have heard her crying, because she knocked before walking in the room. Her face softened when she realized it was Lauren. I motioned her to come on in.

She took a seat next to me, taking one of Lauren's hands in her own, "Lauren, what's going on?" Lauren just buried her face in my shirt in response, continuing to cry and hyperventilate.

No One POV

Demi smoothed Lauren's hair, "What can I get for you?" Lauren pointed to her bathroom.

"What's in your bathroom, hun?" Demi asked.

Dinah began listing things, "Water... medicine..." Lauren nodded. Dinah and Demi seemed to put the pieces together at the same time.

Demi gave Lauren a sympathetic look, "Sweetie... can we try to calm down without it?" Lauren just wanted it to stop and she knew that the xanax would work. This only made her cry harder and as she cried harder it only got harder for her to breathe.

"Okay, okay... Where is it?" Demi gave in, not wanting Lauren's anxiety attack to escalate any further.

Dinah began listing off places it could be, "Medicine cabinet... your bins... under the sink..." Lauren nodded. Demi got up and started looking under the sink, soon returning with a single bar.

"Open, sweetheart," Demi coaxed. Lauren opened her mouth and chewed up the medication. Within 10 minutes, Lauren was calmly laying in Dinah's arms sniffling.

Lauren's momentary lapse in anxiety was interrupted by the voices of security thunderously screaming, "Get on the ground, now!"