Chapter 20: Mi Vida, Vale....

Lauren POV

I woke up to coughing and crying. Camila wasn't next to me and the bathroom light was on. I quickly got up and threw my Tshirt on at the same time. I went into the bathroom the see Camzi on the bathroom floor crying.

She'd thrown up, but missed the toilet and had a little down her chest. The small girl kept coughing and crying. "Shhh.. sweetie, let's get you cleaned up okay?"

She didn't acknowledge me, only cried harder. I'd never seen her this far in her headspace and I could tell she was far in. I got a wet washcloth and wiped the throw up off of her before picking her up and feeling her forehead.

She was burning up,  her face looked flushed and really pale, she had purple and gray circles under hear eyes, and tears pouring from her eyes.

"It's okay baby.. I got you." I whispered. I needed to get her into a cool bath and clean up the throw up that'd gotten on the floor as well.

I carried the small girl into the hallway so I could get some cleaning stuff from the hallway as she continued crying. "Shhhh.." I whispered, bouncing her extra gently.

Mani came out of her room with a sympathetic smile, "Need some help Laur?" I shook my head, "You can go back to sleep Mani, I didn't mean to wake you." I told her, finally finding the cleaning stuff I was looking for.

"I was already up, I'll help. Come on let me, please?" I sighed with a small smile, "Okay Mani, thank you"

"No problem Lauren." She turned to Camila, "What's wrong sweetheart?" She said softly. "She's really sick, if she gets any worse, I'm gonna have to take her to the h-o-s-p-i-t-a-l." I said, spelling out hospital.

"Awwh, poor baby. So what can I help with?" She asked, "Do you wanna clean Camzi or throw up?" I asked her giving her a sarcastic look.

"Uhhhm I'll take Camzi." She giggled a little. "Here, how about you can just watch her and if she throws up again or something happens just tell me okay? Then I'll get you when I have the bathroom clean and bath run. How does that sound?"

She nodded with a smile and I handed her Camzi, who whimpered and coughed, holding onto Mani's shirt. "Thanks Mani, really." "It's no problem Lauren, I promise." She said with a smile before carrying Camzi into her room.

I carried the cleaning stuff into the bathroom and cleaned up the mess quickly and washed my hands.

I put the cleaning supplies up then head to Mani's room. Mani was holding Camzi and singing softly to her. "Awhh, Mani." I smiled at her. She returned the smile.

I picked Camzi up, "Hey sweetie, let's get you in a cool bath to bring your temperature down and get you clean." I said softly, "Mani you coming?" She nodded and followed me out and into the bathroom.

We helped Camzi out of her clothes and covered her cast. I ran her a bath that was a little bit cooler that usual, but not too cold before helping her in.

She cried when I put her down into the bath. "Shhhh, sweetie don't cry. She'll be quick." Mani cooed to Camzi. I gave her a smile. I gently, but quickly, with a good bit of help from Mani, got Camzi cleaned up and washed her hair.

We got her out and dried off, took off her cast cover, and Mani watched her while I went to get her a clean diaper, baby powder, and a hair bow so i could pull her hair back off of her face.

Mani carried Camzi in and I got her into the diaper and applied baby powder before pulling her hair into a really loose braid and fastening it so that it would be out of her face.

She whimpered softly as I picked her up, "Shhh.. It'll be okay sweetie." I whispered. I laid down with Camzi, her resting partially on top of my chest. "Mani, do you wanna stay?" She gave me a friendly smile and nodded, laying down next to me.