Chapter 19: She's not okay

*time skip to around 3am*

Dinah POV

It was stupid early in the morning, and I'm talking like 3amish. I had no clue what I was even doing up. I decided that I probably wasn't going to sleep anytime soon and I needed to find something to do before my mind wanders and I end up tripping myself out over something silly.

I decided on watching some YouTube videos to keep myself occupied. A few videos later, I heard my door open. "Dinah..?" A small voice said. I turned around seeing Camila. I quickly paused my video and turned around to face Camila, leaning my back against the headboard. "What's wrong Mila?"

The poor girl looked terrified and shaken up, she was trembling where she stood. "Come here Walz.. It's okay." I outstretched my hand towards her, she looked down at my hand before scanning my face and shakily taking my hand. I pulled her close to me, sitting her down in front of me.

She looked like she was trying really hand not to cry. "Camila?" She nodded, confirming she was still out of her headspace, I wasn't sure if she was gonna go back in it, she seemed vulnerable enough to need it.

"Do you want Lauren?" I just wanted to get any sort of answer out of the smaller girl. As soon as I mentioned Lauren, I regretted it because she curled into a ball and sobbed. My expression softened and my heart broke a little more. I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close.

"It's okay.. What's wrong?" "I..I had a really bad n..nightmare and I was scared t..to tell Lauren because w..what if she thinks bad of m..me Dinah..?" "Awe.. Mila it's okay. She would never think bad of you, what do you say I take you to Lauren okay?" She shook her head and held onto her shirt, crying a little harder.

I layed down and got under the covers, keeping Camila close to me and letting her lay on my chest. "Shhh.. It's okay Camila. Do you wanna tell me about your dream?" She shook her head and whimpered softly as I started to run my fingers through her hair, eventually putting her to sleep.

I reached over to get my phone, but Camila grabbed a hold of my arm and cuddled it close to her. I handed her a stuffed bear that I had on my bed and replaced my arm with the bear and she continued to sleep. I was glad that it didn't wake her up.

I decided to take her back to where she was had been sleeping, that meant checking a lot of places, Lauren's room, movie room, downstairs, her room. I cradled Camila, careful not to wake her up and she brought the teddy closer to her chest, whimpering a tiny bit. A wave of guilt washed over me because she didn't want Lauren to know yet here I was, taking her to go and sleep with Lauren.

If I wasn't so concerned, I wouldn't be doing this. I didn't want to disrespect Camila's wishes, but Lauren needs to know these things. Especially with all that Camila has been through. I carried Camila to Lauren's room, she wasn't in there, so I checked the movie room.

Luckily, that's where she was. I walked over, careful not to trip over anything on the floor. Lauren was fast asleep and I was grateful for that. I went to lay Camila down and she whimpered and gripped my shirt tightly.

"Shh.. You're okay." I cooed softly as I took her hand off my shirt, laying her down next to Lauren. She started to breathe unevenly until Lauren wrapped her arms around her. Camila calmed down and cuddled into Lauren. I let out a sigh of relief and made sure that she was okay before I left the room, heading back to bed.

*time skip*

Lauren POV

I woke up and Camila wasn't beside me. "Camila?!" I called out worriedly. Nothing. "Camz? Baby where are you?!" No answer again. I checked her room and everyone else's and she wasn't there. I started to get more and more worried. "Camz??!!" I called again as I head downstairs to look for her.