Chapter 12: Reflection

Lauren POV

I called yesterday to schedule for one of the best childrens' psychologists (Dr.Morgan) in California to come here and talk to Camzi and maybe Camila.. I'm not sure how that will go. We only have about 30 minutes to get ready. All of the other girls were already dressed and whatnot and Demi went to do something with Marissa.

I was dressed as well, I just had to get Camzi ready. She was really out of it, she'd been having panic attacks off and on since she woke up, so getting her ready was taking longer than it usually does. "Baby.. Shh I got you, you're okay."

I had just got done trying to explain to Camzi what was going to happen today and she was so scared of having to open up to someone; it made sense though, since Camila only opened up to the girls, myself, and Demi, so it only made sense for Camzi to have the same issue.

I finished getting Camzi dressed in leggings and one of my hoodies and leaving her hair down with a bow, which gave me extra time to comfort and cuddle her.

I carried her to the swing we had by the indoor pool. I sat down with her in my arms, letting her cry into me. "Shhh..mommy has you..it's gonna be okay, she's just gonna help you baby." I rocked her on the swing until I only heard small sniffles from the sweetheart in my lap. I smoothed her hair and gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

"Laur she's here." Ally said before going back inside. "Come on baby, it's gonna be okay." I held out my hand to her and in return she clung onto my arm. I rubbed her back to comfort her as we walked inside.

Dr.Morgan was sitting in the living room with all of the girls. I sat down across from her and Camzi hid in my side, Dinah was on the other side of her, Mani was by Dianh and Ally was on the other side of me.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Dr.Morgan." She said shaking my hand. "I'm Lauren, and this is Camzi. Her big girl name is Camila, but she's in her headspace." I said, trying to explain. "I understand. Does she talk?" I nodded. "She's very shy." I disclaimed.

"Hey sweetie, I'm Dr.Morgan." "Hi.." Camzi said quietly. "Camzi I need you to talk to me, Lauren, can you go and get her something that makes her feel better when she's upset, so she feels more comfortable, also I need to see something."

I nodded before going upstairs to get one of her stuffies that she cuddles with when she's sad.

Camila POV

The nice lady with blonde hair told mommy to go get me something to make me feel better.. But mommy makes me feel better. When mommy is away I feel scared and my heart goes real fast and I breathe fast and I get shaky.

When mommy got up my heart got faster and I heard it in my head and my hands got all shaky and tingly. "Mommy come back.." My eyes started to water and I cried. I held Auntie Dinah's arm and she tried to make me feel better.

"The girls and I all think that both Camzi and Camila have some level of separation anxiety from Lauren." Auntie Dinah said then she hugged me tight. I didn't know what that meant. I was missing mommy too much and I cried more.

Mommy came downstairs with one of my stuffies I cuddle when I'm sad. "Mommy.." I ran to mommy and held onto her tight.

Lauren POV

When I came back downstairs Camzi ran into my arms crying. "Mommy.." She cried into my chest. "Baby I was just upstairs." I said comfortingly as I smoothed her hair.

She calmed down not too long after I sat down with her and handed her the stuffie. "Okay, One of the girls was telling me about how you all suspected that there was some level of separation anxiety in both Camzi and Camila. I can definitely confirm it with Camzi, but the only way to determine about Camila is to get her out of her headspace.