Chapter 8: The Left Side Of Everywhere

Flower's note: This book will be a short novel...probably consisting of 20 chapters. But hey it's chapter 8...we have time;) Fillaaa Chapterr...

"I'm sore." Damon complains as he entered the kitchen the next morning.
"Ask me, if I give a fuck?" I reply dryly and he smirks.
"Someone's jelly they didn't get any penetration. What did happen last night?" He asks and I shrug.
"Not much. Raphael came over but that's about it." I whisper as I pick through my omelette.
I leave out the part about the note, because I know he'll try to go all CSI and investigate.
But I know that will put him in danger.

"No sex?" He questions and I shake my head and push away my plate.
"Unfortunately, we just talked some more. He said he'd come over this morning." I explain and he raises an eyebrow.
"And you're not trying to look all sexy?" He asks me and I look down at my attire.
I was wearing Adidas sweatpants with a tank top on and my heart was pulled back in a French braid.
I did look rough, also considering I wasn't wearing my contacts and so I was obliged to wear my glasses.
Truthfully, I was as blind as a bat.
"I don't care. When I'm off duty, I'm not paid to look sexy. If you're coming here, you better just get used to me roughing it." I say and rise to my feet to grab a glass of water.
"Has Harry called you?" He asks me.
Every time I hear Harrys' name...images of him and Brooke flash through my mind.

In a twisted way.
I had sex with Harry.
Ew. Nasty thought.
"Nope." I reply.

As I turn to go back into my bedroom, there's a knock on the door.

Who could it be? I wonder dramatically.

"Well, it looks like champ couldn't stay away." I say with a smirk.
My God, this man looks sexy.

His hair is ruffled and his eyes are filled with arousal.
"Aries," he whispers.
"Yes?" I ask innocently.
"May I come in?" I swallow hard and step back and he slips past me. His cologne filling my lungs and intoxicating me almost instantly.

"Did I miss breakfast?" He asks in a deep tone.

This man was impregnanting me through speech. My God.

"Afraid so champ." I mumble and bite the corner of my lip and he sighs and puts his hands in his pockets, manuevering into the kitchen where I prayed Damon was not.

"What? Golden Girl wife didnt make you breakfast in bed?" I tease and he snorts. "No, I dont expect that from her. She's too precious to be in the kitchen."

Ouch, why does that sting? I dont reply, I just sit across from him next the island and he glances around the kitchen. "Where's your roommate?" He asks me.

"Proabably in his room." I reply. "He?" Raphael echoes and I nod. "Yeah, he was the one having amazing sex." I say dramatically and Raphael chuckles. "Well, I hope I'm not intruding on anything today." Raphael says with low eyes.

"Not at all. Why did you come anyways?" I ask.

"I was bored and my wife is still sick." So what I was the last resort?

I frown for a moment but brush it off. "How's Harry?" He adds.

Ew Harry.

"Fine, he hasn't talked to me about coming back to work yet but I need to as soon as possible." I groan and rub my forehead. "Eager to get back on that pole?" He teases, how comedic the bastard was!

"Very funny. Not everyone can take pictures for a living." I retort back. "I know, lucky me." He rolls his eyes. "Is that all you really like to do?" I ask curiously.

"No." But that's all he says. "Care to explain?" I add. "I like to paint." He mumbles.

"Paint?" I echo and he nods. "Anything. Mostly people." He stares at me with a gleam in his eye and I shift uncomfortably in my seat. "I'd love to paint you one day. Strip you bare and paint what I see." He mumbles as if he's in a trance. I swallow hard at his words.

"Maybe one day." I murmer and he smirks. "What about you Ms. Dancer? Anything unusual you fancy?" He asks and I smile to myself. "I love classical music." Was that unusual? I guess so because Raphael bursts into laughter. "What? You expected me to enjoy some booty popping music?" I ask flatly and he laughs harder. "I more than expected that."

Ass

"Well for your information. I like a lot of things. Like ballroom and contemporary dancing." I admit and he smiles and brings me to my feet. "Show me." He urges and I raise an eyebrow at him. "You cannot be serious." I whisper and he reaches into his pocket and retrieves his iPhone 5. I can clearly see he's updated to the new IOS 7. He dabbles on his phone until some soft music begins to play and I feel the urge to begin dancing, rile up at my feet and into my stomach.

He reaches out his hand to mine....what kind of dancing did he want to do? I continue to stare at his hand until he pulls onto my hand and twirls me around. "Dance." He murmurs in my ear, causing shivers to run up and down my spine.

I lick my dry lips and shift in my Adidas pants...I hope he would just follow my lead.

I pressed into his chest, allowing his arm to pull around my waist.

But he wasnt trying to ballroom dance, he was trying to contemporary dance!

Lifting me up to outstretch my leg and then down again...us dancing as one.

I was falling into my happy place. The rest of the world didnt matter. I wasnt Aries.

I was who I used to be. The innocent girl.

After the song died down, he lifted me back to my feet, stepping back for a momenta and I looked down at my feet. "I didnt know you danced." I whisper. "I do a lot of things." He replies back in a hushed voice.

Well thats for sure.

I dont bother looking at him. For some strange reason, I felt exposed...naked. Vulnerable.

"Did I overstep a line?" Raphael asks me and I shake my head. "No, I just havent dance like that in years." I assure and he smiles again. "Well I'm glad to see you still havent lost your touch."

"Trust me champ, I could never lose my touch." I gloat and lean back down on the island. "I can only imagine."

I study his face, as his hazel eyes pierce back into mine. See this is why young girls were losing their virginity at such a young age....there were people like him roaming the Earth!

"I wanna ask you something." I suddenly blurt.

Where is the source of my courageous behavior coming from? I will never know. "Sure." He replies easily. "Did you know the Merchant family well?"

He seems to be appalled by my question and flinches for a moment.

Maybe I shouldnt have...

"Um...kind of. Their kids used to sort of..harass me when I was younger." I look up at him,

Fear crawling on me. My head practically pounding along with my heart beat. "HIt you?" I whisper and he nods. "They used to try to steal stuff from my family. The sons were brutal...the 4 sons..." He pauses and shakes his head. "And 3 daughters." I finish. "How do you know?" He asks, shooting his head back up. "Wikipedia." I admit slowly and he nods. "Why were you curious?" He asks me.

"I was wondering what your family had against them." He swallows and looks down at his hands. "I'm sorry is that too much?" I ask and suddenly he pulls away from the island and turn towards the door. "I should go." He murmurs.

"Look, if it's too much; I'm sorry I asked."

"I should go," he suddenly says and leaves the house.

What did I say wrong?

Boredom struck me perilously and I gave in and snuck to work the next day.
Raphael's attitude to our conversation yesterday completely confused me.
But I didn't ponder on it much.
I had a lot more to worry about.

"Aries, you working tonight?" Rochelle asked me.
No one knew my true motive for not showing up to work, so I've just been saying I was sick.
"Probably not. My body's still sort of weak." I fib and lay back on the red duvet backstage.

She says something to me but I'm distracted by watching Harry emerge from the back.
He would be pissed to know I was here.

He slips into his office and I eye the door carefully.

How could he have an affair with Brooke?
Raphael's wife?
Did they have an open relationship?
I shake my head and pull out my galaxy s4.

"Aries, you're back already?" Cassie asks.
Bitch didn't sound too happy.
"Yeah. I was sick. Did I miss anything good?" I ask and she smirks.
"You didn't hear? The club got boosted to the Top Ten Strip Clubs in the country.
We're going to celebrate after the next show. Wanna come?" She asks me.
"Sure." Even though I knew damn well I shouldn't even be outside!

I rise to my feet and go towards Harry's door.
"Harry." I call out.

The door immediately opens and he looks pissed.
"Didn't we tell you to stay home?" He asks harshly.
"You also said you'd keep y promises but looks like you didn't listen either." I spat back and he winces as if I slapped him.
"Don't act innocent. Why are you tell Raphael my business?" I ask sternly.
"He wants to help." I frown for a moment.
That wasn't a good explanation for me.
"How would you like it if I went and told your business?" I try and he flinches.
"What do you mean?"
I open my mouth to say something but as if on que.

Perfect Golden Girl wife herself emerged through the backstage door.
Wearing sunglasses, skinny jeans with a chiffon top and heels.
She was awfully beautiful.

She walked up to Harry's office, looking down and flinched back when she almost ran into me.
"Oh I'm sorry." She quickly rushes and turns to look at Harry.
"Sorry, this is one of my dancers. Anything you came for Mrs. Underwood?" He asks her.
Trying to play all innocent?
Nice.
"I just came to ask a few questions about your establishment." She pauses and turns to me, taking off her sunglasses and staring into my eyes.
"You look familiar, have I seen you before?" She suddenly asks.
Then I remember she thought I was working on the flooring at her home, nearly a week ago.
"Probably not." I mumble softly and she stared at me intently,
"Oh you just look really familiar. Any who, I was actually here to ask if the girls wanted to go out tonight? I know they're used to being the main source of entertainment at a club so why not give them a chance on the other side?"
What a kind offer of her.
She looks over at me and I smile in approval.
"I don't see why not? Go ahead."
Oh boy, this should be fun.

Once we got to another downtown club, things for me personally got weird.
And creepy.
The girls were out on the dance floor dancing while I was sitting at the bar area with a drink.
Golden Girl Brooke was sitting near me, dancing in her seat.
"Why did you want to bring us strippers out?" I ask.
"Just thought you girls deserved some fun. My husband speaks so highly of your club and I thought, well we're all the same age. I know I'd appreciate some outside fun!" She says giggling.
I could tell her intake of alcohol was already quite high.
"Where is your husband?" I cringe almost immediately after I say it. But she doesn't seem to notice.
"I don't really know. He's been acting weird ever since he came home yesterday. I guess he's just in his Paint Room." She replies with a shrug.
Oh yeah he did mention he love to paint.
I feel my phone vibrate and I frown and look down.

"You look so beautiful." It was from a blocked number.
I swallow and look around...who was it?

Another text: "You're probably wondering who this is. But my dear you already know." I freeze and gaze up around me.
"Did you receive my gifts?" Another text was sent.
It then dawned on me. They could see me. They were here.
"I'm behind you beautiful." I slowly turn around to see a man in a black hoodie, looking down.
Holy fuck.
My phone vibrates again.
"Did I say behind you? Look to the left." The text said.
I practically threw up with fear and turned to my left to see another person in a black hoodie.
They all looked the same!
But Golden Girl was too busy in her own little world to notice.

My phone vibrates again. "I meant my left." The text reads.
I turn to my right to see yet another person in a black hoodie.

What the actual fuck.
Then of course another texts comes to my phone.
"Silly girl. Right in front of you."
Another black hoodie stood in front of me.

My phone buzzed again and I quickly dabbled to look down at it.
"Never lose sight of your prey. Or else they'll disappear right in front of your eyes. But have no fear my sweet...I will never lose you." With that I look around me, to confront the hooded mysterious people.
But they were all gone.
But I guaranteed they knew exactly where I was

~*~*~*
A few words to you guys.
First of all, I have a lot going on right now.
And it does have something to do with my depression so all of the comments saying "Update"
"Update Soon."
Gets on my nerves because in case you haven't noticed. I have a life too.
I have work and family things to do. So if you're getting mad at me for not updating- it's a book not your life.
So everybody calm your tits. I'm not trying to be rude, even though I sound like I am. It needs to be said.

Also books aren't all just about sex. If that's what you're looking for- go to some other book.
If you have or have not read my previous books you'll know that, I DON'T WRITE JUST ABOUT SEX.
There needs to be information chapters in order for the suspense and cliffhangers to begin.
If you don't like that- you're a poor reader.
I have a lot planned for this book even though it is a semi short story.
Thank you for those who have been supportive & understanding.

If you don't care about anything I just wrote. get the fuck.
If you do care. Stay (:
X