Chapter 25: Wrecking Ball

Well I wasn't completely positive that I was pregnant.

I just highly suspected due to the fact, I had all the symptoms.

I had morning sickness, I was emotional as hell and well...I skipped a period!

I kept it to myself and I feared for if I was...then what?

I would be pregnant with my rivals baby.

I didn't want him to be my rival but ever since we were kids and then.... That.
Happened.

I just didn't know what to do.

Damon drove us back to Aaron's and I could feel like he was hiding something from me. Just the way he would act in my presence. It was so secretive.

"Damon?" I ask him as I sit up from the couch, folding my hands across my chest, as I stare at him.

His light hazel eyes seemed dawned with anticipation, his face seemed tense and so did his whole exterior.

This wasn't my Damon.
"What's up babygirl?" He asks, swallowing hard.
"Are you alright? You've been acting odd lately." I point out an he steps back.

"Fine." He says nodding quickly.

"Lie." I mutter and he sighs.
Sit down." He instructs and I slowly sink back down into the couch.

"You need to be careful who you trust."

There was an eerie feel to the room as he says this.

Like suddenly something was closed in on me and I didn't even know it.

"Why?" I ask and he runs his hand through his hair.

"I'm warning you now. Something...something bad is about to happen soon. And you need to be extremely careful." He whispers and I frown for a moment.

Itching at my wig that is now becoming uncomfortable.

"How do you know?" I ask in a worried tone. I could feel my palms now beginning to grow sweaty.

"I just..have a feeling."
He says and turns and walks up the stairs.

I didn't like the feeling I was getting towards him or towards anyone for that matter.

I pulled out my computer and began looking up contemporary dances and once again my curiosity got the best of me.

Opening up Google, I typed in Aries and clicked search.

Fortunately, nothing popped up.

I bit my lip nervously and typed in Roselyn Merchant.

And all that came up was another Wikipedia biography.

Just stating my birthday and my death date.

I let out a sigh of relief and then searched up: the Merchant family.

Just articles about the case and the investigation popped up.

Tapping my fingers nervously, I then search up Raphael Underwood.

Pictures of him and Brooke from the last couple weeks and a recent article stating that Raphael was working on rebuilding his marriage with Brooke.
Not just for the baby but because he loves her and below, showed a picture of him, kissing her cheek as they strolled through the streets of Atlanta.

My female insecurity and my own self guilt set in and I felt tears spring from my eyes.

My heart clutched together ad my throat closed up.
I felt nauseous with how upset I was.

I wanted that to be me.
I wanted to be the one he was kissing.
I wanted to be deserving of his love.
I wanted everyone to know how I felt.
How he felt.

But once again, it was my fault.

I slammed the computer shut and covered my face.

Get it together M'. Don't start slipping now.

I sighed and my bottom lip quivered as I swallowed down the hard lump in my throat. It felt strained and I couldn't help but feel the pain all over my body.

I grabbed my wig on the top of my head and tugged it off.
I brushed my hair down and rose to my feet, slipping outside in the backyard.

I needed some fresh air and my body felt like it was growing numb.

I sat on the back porch, laying my head back as I felt the wind brush across my skin.

I needed to think some things through.

Tonight was Halloween, so I had a reason to stay in, so I could give the trick or treaters their candy.

I also needed to go to the store so I could purchase a pregnancy test.
But if I was pregnant, I couldn't go to the hospital...

I groaned and put my hands over my stomach.

Did I really have to get pregnant at the most inconvenient time ever?

I didn't know for sure but still.

I felt my phone vibrate and I opened it carelessly and my eyes widened.

My mystery texter was back:

You look awfully lonely sitting on the bench there by yourself.

I looked up and around.

"What do you want?" I say out loud, my voice echoing.

I peered around my surroundings, glancing at the field that led to the woods in front of me.

Where were they?

My phone vibrated again:

I was informed you spoke with Em, today. Are you thinking about coming back?

How interesting.

"I don't know." I speak out loud again.

It made my skin crawl to know they were so close that the could hear me.
I was shivering so much that my teeth were chattering.

Well I hope you decide to. You were the best Merchant and besides if you don't...I'd hate for you to end up missing like Miranda. See you soon Rose

x

I groan and turn off my phone.

I had way too many decisions to make...

Completely freaked out by the fact that I was being watched, I headed back inside.

Damon was laying on the couch and I reached by the coffee table and grabbed the car keys.

"Where you headed baby girl?" He asks me.
"The store. I'll be back." I mumble.

"Get me a Bob Marley drink while you're out." He calls back.

"Got you." I assure and slip out the door.

I drove to the pharmacy store first, I felt awkward as I searched for the pregnancy tests.

Which one did I get?
What was the difference?

Oh yeah...the prices...

Since I couldn't go to the hospital regardless if I was pregnant or not.

I grab the more expensive one. Just to ensure.

As I pick up the pregnancy test, I turn and run into somebody.

The pregnancy test drops to the floor and the person reaches down and hands it to me.

We lock eyes and I realize...it's Raphael.

~*~*~*

I'm updating like hell
So you better comment like hell

I love you guys
X