Chapter 19: Too Much

Incognito was what I aimed for.

It was a masquerade, to keep the donors in absolute secrecy. So everyone could converse if wanted.
It was a black attire event and I did not want to stand out. I dressed in a long black dress that was tight around the waist and bust area and showed my back.
I wore my beloved red bottoms and straighter my hair completely. Applying red lipstick and heavy makeup and a black mask to cover my eyes and some of my nose.
Rayleen and Elliot Carter were attending the event as well and carpooled with Aaron, Damon and I.

Nearly a thousand people covered the entire large ballroom as everyone had free wine tasting and many different foreign foods.

"If you need me just look for me. I really suck at social events so don't hesitate to steal me away from the crowd." Rayleen whispers to me and I giggle and nod.
Damon and Aaron grab a glass of white wine and I walked over to an older man who was serving some.

"Evening mysterious beauty." He said. He looked like he was in his early thirties and he had a white mask to cover his face. "Evening." I say respectfully.
"Would you like any wine?" He asks me, gesturing towards the large variety of wines.
"Yes please."
Perhaps I needed a drink..
"Red wine shows high profession. Holds mystery as it dips across your tongue and has a seductive taste. Certainly like yourself." He informs with a grin and hands me a glass of red wine.

He must've had a few drinks because he was bold- talking to me like that.
All I do is smile kindly and take a sip.
Lord have mercy this was strong. But it had a tangy after taste and I quickly adjusted to it.
My eyes scanned for Rayleen and once I spotted her red hair, I felt a sigh of relief.
She was giving me an odd sort of stability and that's what I needed. Aaron and Damon were off eating small crumpets and I smiled at them.

I was secretly hoping I'd spot Raphael- but who knew?

I looked over and saw a waiter approaching me, I turned away, hoping to avoid confrontation.
"Miss?" He asks.
I nod my head to acknowledge his presence. "Are you Ms. Aries?" He asks me and I look around for a moment and nod.
"I've been instructed to give this to you." He says and hands me a single black rose.
I freeze as I stare at the random gift and he walks away.
There's a card that reads:

You look so beautiful. Until tonight my sweet.
x

I crumple the card and drop the rose into the garbage.

I had a plan for my little mystery texter.

I continued to walk around silently, sipping on my wine.

The air was thick with anticipation, I felt anxious.

As I turned, I bumped into someone and my wine spilled all over their tux.
"Oh God, I'm so sorry!" I say trying to wipe off the wine stain.
How stupid of me.
The person stills and states at me and he reaches over and lifts up my mask. "Aries."
Oh shit it's him.

"Raphael?" I whisper and quickly tug my mask back down.
"I've been searching all over for you. We need to get out of here now." He says, grabbing my wrist and I yank back. "Why?" I ask.

"Aries, this whole night is a trap." He exclaims and suddenly the crowd roars in applause.

The event is beginning.

I watch as Emily Merchant takes part of the stage. A long floral black gown fitting her skinny form and her jet black hair curled up.

"I am pleased to see all of these wonderful guests. You all look phenomenal! Please give yourself a round of applause for the 8th annual Heart Felt Charity ball!" She says with excitement.

I slowly clap and look over at Raphael.
His brown hair was brushed back and his hazel-like eyes were shielded by a black mask.

"You look gorgeous as usual." He says leaning down into my ear.

I searched for Rayleens red hair and finally spotted her next to Damon.

Relief.

I gaze back up at Emily as she continues.
"If you look towards the right of the room you will see a large presentation that has been set up for your pleasure. You will Laos so the total amount of money we have gained from tonight's donation. We are trying to get to two million dollars. I know it sounds like a lot, but I know we can do it! Please enjoy your time and donate donate donate. Dinner will be served at 7 PM sharp!" She says and every explodes in more applause.

"Aries. Now." He says urgently and I roll my eyes. "How should I even know to trust you." I say hastily and he pulls back.
"Because I told you something about me. Aries. We have to go. He's here and he sees you." He whispers and grabs my hand and leads me towards the exit.
I look over behind my back, hopefully to see Damon or Rayleen looking at me but they aren't.

There are two large men standing at the entrance, with head set bluetooths and sunglasses.
"Excuse me, we are leaving." Raphael says.

The heftier man in the right, extends his arm out to prevent our exit, "Raphael And Aries. We were notified moments ago that we are unable to let you leave. You're both on the list of recommendation." He explains.

I look over at Raphael with a breathless glance.

"What does that mean?" I ask and Raphael grabs my hand and leads me to the side.

"Wherever he is, he has to be in charge." I whisper back to Raphael,
"You think he knows Emily?" He asks me.
Well duh of course he did, but I simply shrug.
"What do we do?" I ask him but Raphael pauses, his gaze directed towards the end of the hall.

"What?" I question and suddenly a woman in a familiar floral dress approaches us.

"Emily." Raphael says and Emily throws her arms around him. I quickly step aside and walk away.
She can't see me. She can't.
I stay close, so I can hear their conversation but still out of sight.

"Finally alone for once. Even ever since we were kids." She says in a low delicate voice.
"I'm married now Emily." Raphael says strongly.

You tell him champ!
Wait, he's not married to me...
"I'm quite sure your relationship title does not own up to your activities. Like Aries for example." She retorts back.

That little snake! I didn't like the way she said my name.

"How do you know-" but she stops him.
"Don't worry. But I put you two on the list. So when I call you guys up, take off your masks. Everyone needs to see your faces." I hear more footsteps and I frown.

I look around the corner and see she has walked away.

"She's working with him, I presume." I say and he nods. "I have a really bad feeling." He mutters.
No kidding.
"Cause she knows?"
"No. She wants us to take off our masks?" But as soon as I say that, I hear Emily back at the microphone.

"Attention ladies and gentleman. We have two special donors, that I would love to introduce." She says slowly extends her arm to aim in our direction.
I slowly lift off my mask and look over at Raphael who does the same.
"Please join me on stage." She says in a light voice.

Instead of applause- as I walk- the unthinkable begins.
Whispering.

"Who is she?"
"Is it her?"
"It can't be."
"I heard she was dead."
"No it was missing."
"I heard she had black hair?"
"Who is she?"
"She looks just like her."

The whispers continue as I make my way up the stairs and I turn around and look over at Damon who looks equally as scared.

"Our lovely guest who's dressed in the beautiful black guest, donated over 5000 dollars to our event. Please give her a round of applause." Emily cheers.

5000 dollars? That's the money I had in my bank account!

I look over at Emily who has a hidden smirk but Raphael doesn't seem to catch on.

"Oh and Raphael Underwood- our special guest has a surprise for us as well." She adds.
Suddenly the screen flickers for a moment, the screen that once projected heart disease now had a full display of Raphael and I in the club.

Pictures ever since the very first time I met him and suddenly a video played.

"Mrs. Underwood wouldn't approve of this." Raphael had murmured as I danced on him erotically. "Mrs. Underwood isn't here." I had whispered back.

I was mortified.

Gasps escaped from people's mouths in the audience.
I couldn't bare to look at them, I look over at Rayleen and Damon who are both motioning me to come off the stage.

I pull the mask over my eyes and run down the stairs and within seconds I'm bombarded by paparazzi.

Get away M.
My mind kept chanting in my head and I slipped through the back.

Feeling the cold door pressed up against my back.
I drop the my knees and sob.
My head throbbing as I held my stomach and wailed.

Nothing good came out of anything.
I felt my mind testing apart. I felt it all just crashing down.

I felt my phone vibrated and I looked down, my vision blurred by my non stop tears.

The text said:

Look up sweetheart. I'm right in front of you.

~*~*
I'm glad you guys could see how Rayleen has matured and how she feels about herself.
That makes me happy.

Anyways back to She...since this is a short novel and not a long book, I do have some mind fucks for you guys and my Possession readers know how I am with those. UNEXPECTED.

Also the information I included last chapter when Rayleen was telling her story- has nothing to do with the plot. So you'll still be surprised either way.

Instagram: fl0wersniffinwh0re

Tell me what you think about this chapter!

Comment