Chapter 21: One Love/ Bad Religion

"Why?" I was surprised my question was so precise. I was actually proud of myself for saying it just as it was as well.

He motions behind me, silently asking for access to walk in and I nod.

I suppose Rayleen was in one of the rooms because she wasn't in the living room.

Sitting on the couch, I see him shift uncomfortably, almost as if he's told me too much.

"I killed him because he killed my sister." He admits and looks down at his pants.

He was still dressed in his tux, except his white button up was opened at the top, revealing his beautiful pecks.

I stare at him, waiting for him to continue.

"My father used to drink. A lot. Every hour was happy hour for him and when he was wasted drunk- you did not want to be around him. He was abusive, mostly towards my mom and rarely to my little sister." He stops and closes his eyes.

So she was younger?

I lean down and rub his shoulder slowly, comforting him and his voice hitches, "One night, my father came back wasted as fuck. He was arguing with my mom about bills- something stupid, I don't exactly remember. I was by the cupboard- trying to get a cup for my baby sister.

My father came into the kitchen and started throwing things, calling my mother names and my sister came and told him to stop.

That's when things got bad." He pauses and I swallow hard.

Watching his face strain in pain and anguish.

"My father lost it. He grabbed my sister by her neck and started squeezing and squeezing. I don't think he intended to kill her but I remember it so vividly. Her face was turning red and her eyes were wide. She didn't scream. She just stared at him like 'You aren't even my father.' Like he was some stranger. I was on top of the fridge and I saw the fire extinguisher. I picked it up and threw it down on him with all my might."

Raphael puts his head down and holds his face and lean over and put my arms around him.

"I cracked his skull and he died on impact." He adds and I hear him sniffle, his breath shaking.

He was crying.

I held him close, him burying his face into my chest as I held him tighter. The vision playing in my head over and over.

"She was only 8."

Then I started to cry as well. My throat closing up as I felt him shake and shudder.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper and he sits up and looks at me. His face pink and stained with tears.

"My mom didn't know I threw it on him. She still believes it just dropped." He admits and runs his hand over his face.

"Im sorry Raphael. You did it to save her-"

"No Aries, I didn't. She was already dead. I did it because he killed her and I wanted him dead." He says and I just keep my lips closed.

"Do-you-you think of me differently?" He asks.

"No. No of course not." I assure and he takes a deep exhale of relief.

"Is that why you don't sleep next to your wife?" I ask and he flinches back for a moment.

I guess he figured I forgot.

"No. That's for a different reason." He says and I nod.

"Thank you for telling me." I say and he smiles shyly.