I Need You - Poe Dameron

Trigger Warnings: None

Summary:  Tieran and Poe are best friends, a very long mission comes up and Poe has to leave for months at a time. Over those months they both realize they love each other.

(A/N - This was really fun to write and yes i know phones don't really exist in this universe but just go with it. I hope you like it, and sorry it took so long!!! )

(I am so sorry i forgot who requested this!) 

(Tieran's POV)

RING

RING

RING 

I groaned and hit the alarm. To my surprise the ringing didn't stop.I felt for my phone on the nightstand and pressed accept. 

"Hello?" I say groggily as i  I kick the covers off and sit up on the edge of the bed. 

"Hey Tieran, I need to tell you something, are you sitting down?" Poe spoke on the other line and i immediately woke up and my heart started to pound.

"Poe what is it?" I say nervously running my hand through my hair. 

"General Leia is sending me on a solo mission and i won't be back for 5 months" Poe said, i could tell he was sad but he was also proud that Leia trusted him enough with what ever assignment she gave him.

"Nooo, i won't have a best friend for 5 months! How dare you leave me!" I laughed into the phone and got the same reaction from Poe.

"It's not by choice"

"I know and it must be important too, becuase Leia would not send her best man out if it wasn't important" I say wishing i could give him a hug.

"I know, i still don't like being away that long. Especially sense i know when you get bored you kinda tend to get yourself in trouble" He chuckled.

"Hey! That was one time! And when are you leaving?" 

"I leave in 15 minutes, i tried calling you earlier but i guess you needed your beauty sleep" He chuckled. At this point i realized that i needed to go down to the runway to say goodbye.

"I'll be down there in 10 " I say as in hang up and run to my closet and through my work clothes on. I slip on a pair of sneakers and throw my bag over my shoulder. I grab a makeup wipe and cleanup yesterday's makeup. I make sure i have a hair binder and I run out the door. As i run down the hallway avoiding people I put my hair in a low bun. I make it to the runway in exactly 10 minutes. 

I find Poe, who is looking for me. I creep up behind him and jump on his back earning a scream from him and many heads turned. I laugh and climb of his back and he pulls me into a hug. We stay there for a while. 

Poe is the one to break the silence. "I'm gonna miss you"  I pull away and look at him.

"I'm going to miss you too" I say looking down trying to hide my tears. 

"Don't cry Tieran, I'll try and finish the mission so i can come home earlier" He said. I kissed his cheek and he gave my shoulders a quick squeeze before walking into his X-Wing. 

BB8 bumped into my leg and i bent down to the little droid.

"i'm gonna miss you too buddy" I chuckled as BB8 whirled around beeped their response. 

I watched as Poe took off and until i could no longer see him in the horizon. 

-

5 Months Later...

- 

I was a mess without Poe. I hardly slept, my appetite was small. When i could manage to sleep nightmares of Poe being dead would fill my mind. I was so exhausted but to scared to sleep.

I trudged around my room cleaning random things just to pass the time. I hardly realized that my phone was ringing. 

"hello? " I said groggily. 

"Hey Tieran! I'm almost home, sorry if i woke you. I just can't wait to see you. " The calming voice of Poe filled my ears. 

"Oh my god" I mumble and run to my closet and pulled on a jacket and sweatpants. "I am so happy to hear your voice, i missed you so much. I'll be out soon." I said and hung up. I scrambled to fix the makeup that was still left on my face. I tried to cover my dark circles, but it was no use. I threw shoes on and ran out the door, through the hallway until i made it to the landing bay. 

The chilly night air blew harshly against me. It blew straight threw the thin fabrics of my clothing.  I crossed my arms and held my jacket close. I saw headlights of an X-wing and i ran as fast as i could. 

When i got to the X-wing a figure was standing there crossing their arms. 

"Poe!!!!" I exclaim and throw my arms around him. 

"Tieran!" He exclaims and holds me close. I look at him and he looks at me. The next thing i know our lips are moving in perfect rhythm with each other. 

"I love you " I said as my heart beat filled my ears. He pulled me in for another kiss then answered.

"I love you too Tieran" He chuckled and then held my hand and we walked inside, BB8 rolling behind us, giving us some space. 

 Please feel free to comment and request!!!