Ch 18 Escape

Heeeeeyyyyy I actually CAN get on Wattpad from the School wifi if I have a link! Enjoy another chapter that I was totally not typing while supposed to be doing assignments in my Computers class...

Nico didn't know how long they walked. The Plegathon was their guide for the moment. Actually, Nico didn't know any other way. When he was in here, he knew how to get out. Now the Doors of Death are closed. The only hope they had now was to just follow the Plegathon.

Nico tried to keep his eyes on Reyna, and his thoughts back home. It distracted him from the fact that he was back here. It felt like ages ago that he had discovered Reyna was missing.

"I need to stop." Reyna said, collapsing on the ground. "I can't go any farther." Nico mumbled agreement and sat next to her.

Silence, then Reyna asked, "Why did you do it?" "Do what?" Nico asked. "All of this. You tracked me down. You cracked my code. You didn't let go of me on the edge of that pit, even though you could have, then you fell with me. Why?"

Nico didn't know what to say. He had never really paid attention to why he had needed to find Reyna, just that he had to. "I guess... because you're my friend." Nico said.

"Just a friend?" Reyna asked.

Why was Reyna smiling at him like that? When he realized what she was inferring, he felt heat rise to his face. He finally decided to say it out loud.

"I....er.....I like you."

Nailed it!

Reyna smiled at him, and said softly "I like you too, Deathboy." For once, Nico didn't complain about the nickname. 

They rested for a little while. Reyna told him to sleep, and that she will take the first watch. Nico curled up on the ground and closed his eyes.

He found himself back in the Underworld with his father, Hades. "Dad?" Nico stood up. Hades inclined his head the slightest, "Hello, my son. I've heard of your.....er, predicament, and I know how to help you." "Help us how?" Nico asked. Hades allowed a ghost of a smile, "Help you escape, of course."

"Really? How?" Nico asked. "There are many ways for you to escape as a child of the Underworld. But, this one is the only way two people can escape together." Hades said. "All you need is shadow, fire, blood, ice, and a rock. This will take you back to Camp Half Blood."

Darkness started to cloud Nico's vision. He was waking up. "Thank you, Father." he said. Hades said nothing, but he had a peculiar look on his face as Nico faded out. Nico wasn't very sure what it was, but it looked a lot like..... hope.

Nico sat up fast. Reyna was sitting next to him, looking exhausted. "Reyna, I had a dream." Nico said. He quickly explained about Hades visiting him. Reyna's eyes went wide. "You mean...."

"That's right." Nico said. "We have a way out."

I know, I know! It kinda sucked. But I'm trying, guys. Sorry about the whole #Nicothesmoothtalker thing but hey, I think this needs some humor.