Ch 28 Truth

Did I ever tell you how much I love my grandpa? We're in Sandiego to visit our grandparents, and he's letting me use his laptop. The library computers have been down, so l couldn't update it at all. Sorry for that! Enjoy this next part!

Nico stared in shock. He could hardly believe what was happening. He looked into Will's face, struggling to process what was going on.

"What? Why did you do it? How did you do it?"  Will smiled, as if sharing a private joke. "Those guys who kidnapped Reyna? I put them up to it. You'd be surprised how much money changes people."

Nico was still in shock. "But....why?" He asked. Will pressed the knife harder into Nico's throat, making him shut up. "Isn't it obvious? To stop Rome. Rome is weaker without a second praetor, especially one who is inexperienced. I was planning on having the men throwing Reyna into Tartarus, to let her die there without a trace. I never knew about the notes she left."

Nico remembered the prophecy:

The hero be struck by the sun above,

Betrayed by who he used to love.

How could he be so stupid? How could he ignore the prophecy, thinking it was just a dream? If he had listened, he would never had let Will catch him alone.

Determination suddenly surged through Nico. He had not followed a clue trail, fallen into Tartarus, then found his way out again to be stopped here. He will find a way out, or die trying, just like he promised himself back in that hellhole.

With a snarl, Nico grabbed Will's wrist, pulling the knife away from his throat. Before Will could react, Nico struck, punching the Son Of Apollo across the face. (hands down, one of the best parts of this fanfic.)

Will stumbled back, but recovered quickly, and lunged in with a yell. He slashed with his knife. Nico dodged a few blows, but a cut stung his shoulder, then his chest. Spitting curses, Nico tackled Will to the floor and wrestled the knife from his grip.

Nico held it to Will's throat, letting out a feral growl. It was the same growl he used when he challenged Frosty, the Icehound. Will looked shocked. Nico took advantage of the moment and sprinted out the door.

Nico found his sword, and got the heck out of that infirmary. He ran to the Poseidon cabin. "Percy! Percy, help me!" Percy came out of this cabin. "What? Do you need something?" Nico quickly told him what happened in the infirmary. "Get to the Big House. Tell Chiron everything, and get him down here. I need his help."

"But what are you going to do?" Percy asked. Nico unsheathed his sword, turning to the infirmary. "Reyna is still in there. Will tried to kill her before, what's stopping him now? I've got to go. I can't abandon her."

With that, Nico sprinted back to the infirmary, ready to fight.

I'll try to update two chapters this week. I'm trying to finish this before school. See you!