(OLD) Chapter 15

I'm posting this to you from Wattpad HQ in Toronto! It's been such a wonderful weekend here, and it's completely affirmed how important writing this story is to me.

The other writers around me right now have been so kind and inspiring, and as one of the smaller accounts here at HQ (they have multiple stories with multiple millions whereas I have just Famoux) I've realized how much is possible to accomplish with writing. GAH, I'm just so emotional and excited right now!!

This chapter hopefully is exciting. I got to write it at HQ, so I wanted to make something reckless and spur of the moment.

PREVIOUSLY ON THE CLASSIX: The new members are here, and Gerald is one of them! Let's now have meaningless dialogue and a very quick and random plot twist, shall we?

emeray

    "Is that who I think it is?"

    The level of surprise in Chapter's voice is enough to make Gerald chuckle. "Better believe it, Stones."

    Better believe it. If I was to pick a motto for everything that's happened in my time as a Famoux member, Gerald's words would definitely go into consideration.

    In the time between our conversation up in my room and our return to the living room, the entire rest of the Famoux have made their way back to the Metropolix, found their new members, and are currently seated with them among teacups and dainty pastries. We take a seat at the nearest open area––a purple velvet loveseat Lex appears to have been saving for us.

    "I'm sorry for disappearing," I tell her.

    She flicks her wrist. "No! Don't worry! I totally understand. You probably needed some time with him, right?"

    I get the exact look I'm expecting when I glance over at Norax across the room. Her face is stiff, lips pursed firmly like a statue. What Lex has just said is perhaps the last thing she wanted to hear.

    Taking a chance to be daring, I offer her a shrug. If she didn't want those rumors of Gerald and I being in love to look so prevalent again, she shouldn't have made him a member. That's on her, not me.

    "Yeah," I agree, eyes on Norax. "Needed some time."

    And it's true, really. Without a moment alone, I might've still been so struck from his sudden arrival. Back in the closet a few minutes ago, I was still so overwhelmed.

    "Come on out of there and I'll tell you all about him," he'd told me, and so I did. With a deep, jagged breath, I propped my elbows against the wall and the drawer beside me. Pushing down on them for support, I slowly shifted myself out of the space, counting aimlessly in my head in an effort to settle my spinning thoughts. I'd once heard that counting was supposed to calm you down––maybe it'd work today. I almost got to eighteen when Gerald grabbed both my hands, speeding the processes with one tug.

    "It's crammed in there. Let me help you," he said, assisting me to my feet. Halfway through the motion I leaned backward toward the wall, shrugging out of his grip. The soft look on his face sagged immediately. "What's the matter?"

    I stole another glance at his shirt as I steadied myself into a standing position. Light pink. "You're not my guard anymore."

    "So only guards can help you get up from the floor now?"

    "You look like a student."

    "Was I supposed to dress up in my uniform again? Do you want me to wear those colors? I'll wear them for the rest of my life if it makes you comfortable."