*chapter three*

HAPPY FAMOUX FRIDAY!

It's 1AM as I write this to you! I have to get up at 5AM for a flight! I'm too excited about working on chapter four to think about sleep right now!! WOO!!!

If I get a good version of chapter four reworked/edited/ready within the 4 hours between now and 5, I might post that on Saturday for a special Famoux Saturday. But no promises. I'm getting a bit delirious at this point so sleep might just happen to me at any given moment while composing this post.

I just wanna thank you for showing up like you have on Fridays. Last week chapter two got 100 comments in under 10 minutes. Are you kidding?!? I nearly cried with gratitude!! That is just...I am so happy that you are here, reading this book. Comment your own book, your own art, anything, please, so I can appreciate you as much as you deserve to be appreciated.

Now, let's get into it...

PREVIOUSLY ON THE CLASSIX (AND THE FAMOUX): Emeray got a threatening message from DEFED that says that they want to "free her" from her "cage"...whatever that could mean. She decided NOT to tell Norax about it, because their relationship is hella awkward now that Emeray is woke and has realized that Norax is very much focused on their images. Also, Emeray and Cartney are in their dating contract, obviously. You should also remember that Foster died. Lol. Also remember Wes Tegg's? Because WE'RE COMING BACK!

Without further ado, here we go:

emeray

As we parade down Colburn's city streets, Cartney swings our heavily-gloved hands like a child on the way to school. The song in our headphones is catchy––something soft and slightly chilling by Kaytee that's become one of our staples.

While in the beginning of our contract, I found it odd that Cartney insisted we listen to Kaytee's music, I've slowly begun to understand why we do: It makes her feel closer again, even when she's ignoring the both of us. With everything that's happened these past few months, listening to Kaytee's songs with Cartney has become the primary way I get to hear her voice nowadays.

I listen to the lyrics as they slip by:

Don't know why I bother,

'Cause I know you're so much farther . . .

I let the words sink in, feeling a sense of sadness. Kaytee might've apologized to me for being distant before we entered the Fishbowl, but only because she was nearly positive she'd never make it out alive. Alas, the moment our feet took their first steps out of the glass house, the apology was revoked. And the more Cartney's and my relationship continues to flourish, the less she wants to be around me.

Cartney tells me I can't be surprised by any of this. When I told him my woes at dinner last night, he told me, "Imagine if the roles were reversed, and instead of Kaytee and Calcium, it was you and Chapter who got revealed to the public. Imagine if your boss had Kaytee start dating your fake boyfriend Marlon––"