*chapter sixteen*

LONG TIME NO SEE!!! HAPPY FAMOUX FRIDAY!!

I'm so sorry for disappearing last week. I had THE most overwhelming amount of deadlines. I also got a new cat! His name is Will Hunting, after the film Good Will Hunting. So basically, for the past two weeks I've been house-sitting and taking care of Will and trying to complete all my work before their deadlines and drive back and forth to school and do my assignments well, and to be honest, I put this story on the back burner, which is unfair to you!!

Every time I write this story, I feel so happy and excited to share it with you. It's truly a form of self care for me to write and post on Wattpad. So thank you for being here and being patient with me! Now, let's get into it:

PREVIOUSLY ON THE CLASSIX: Emeray and Cartney met the new members! Emeray has not one, but TWO new members: A girl named Lex, and THE BOY WHO LOOKS LIKE DALTON! Shall we get to know this boy? Learn his name? Let's see!

emeray

The crowds and cameras gathered in Ace go wild when the new members and I emerge. Even though I assumed there'd be, there is no real formal announcement that these people are in fact The Fanatix, however, the way they stay stationed around me for the rest of the night like a pack of bodyguards makes everyone in the room intrigued and delighted. Who are these mysterious people? Where did they come from?

Carstan and Norax decided that this approach––the silence, the curiosity, the wonderment––was the best direction to take when introducing the Fanatix. Some of these new members are fairly well known in terms of "mega fans," so their inclusion at the party will make our fan bases excited, not to mention make news outlets praise us for seeming down to earth. The endless angles, Carstan said, are all great. All preferred.

The parade of new members at my party is a short one. We enter, we dance, and then, as quickly as the match is struck, it's snuffed out as we part in our limos and big black cars. Looking out the window on the way back to the Metropolix, I can't help but feel relief, above everything else, that this monstrously long day has come to an end.

My car drives around the Metropolix five times before finally stopping in front of it, which Gerald explains is a plan to make sure I don't run into the other members, who are obviously confused. When I enter in the mudroom, sure enough, Norax tells me that everybody has already retreated to their rooms, and that I should do the same––the questions and explanations can wait for tomorrow.

Any relief I felt about the end of the day dissipates the moment I close my door. It's then when things solidify––the members, my new two members. I rake a hand through my hair, moving through my room quickly. I can only imagine the kind of overwhelment going on in the other members' heads right now, they know so little. I wish I did too.

Retreating into my closet, I sit down on the floor next to my shoes. I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping for a quiet void. Much to my dismay, I'm not greeted with any pleasant, empty darkness. Instead, about a dozen visions of what's just happened flash like a slideshow. I see their faces again, one by one.