*chapter five*

HAPPY FAMOUX FRIDAY!!! IF IT'S STILL FRIDAY FOR YOU!

I know today's post is a little (a lot) later than usual

I know today's post is a little (a lot) later than usual. Hopefully you follow me on here and got my profile update message thing letting you know the situation. If not: I'm on vacation! My time in the hotel room has been sparse, so my time for writing has been even sparser. I had initially planned on getting my writing done at night, but lately I've been so exhausted that I've fallen right asleep the moment I manage to get my makeup off and take a seat.

So anyway, I'm so sorry to keep you waiting for this one! I know it's been quite a wait for this dinner already, and I've felt SO guilty about this chapter being late. Since, as you'll quickly see, the dinner is not complete at the end of this chapter, I hereby promise you that THIS SUNDAY WILL BE A FAMOUX SUNDAY where part 2 will drop!

Just a heads up: Not all of you will *love* what happens today, as I've seen by your comments already on other posts. Please remember that this will NOT be a repeat of previous drafts, so anything that feels similar that pops up here is going on a completely different course than what you saw of it last time. This is all important for what's coming up, I PROMISE YOU!

Okay, let's go onward, shall we??

PREVIOUSLY ON THE CLASSIX: Emeray and Cartney are going to dinner. We're about to get to see our Scooby Doo gang again! How long can I drag out this dinner? As long as I'd like, bb!

LET'S GO!

emeray

    Much to my surprise, Cartney and I appear to be early. When we step into the dining room, we are greeted not by a full table of Famoux members, but by only Norax, Till Amaris, and––of all people––Kaytee McKarrington. At the sight of her, Cartney recoils toward the door we've just come from, nearly stepping on my foot in the process.

    "Welcome, you two!" Norax says, ever chipper. "Come on in! The others are bound to be here any minute!"

    It's as if we're so both nervous to be in this room, we've forgotten how to properly move. Cartney keeps stumbling into me as we approach the two chairs furthest from Kaytee, letting the metal scraaaape against the floor as we push them back. I cringe at the noise, chastising myself for causing such a disturbance. Once we're seated, Cartney almost immediately knocks over his glass of water. He looks to me with panic, his voice dropping low.

    "Unnecessary?" he whispers.

    "Is what unnecessary?"

    "Is it unnecessary for me to be here?"

    Meanwhile, Norax addresses the others. "I came with them from the Metropolix," she explains. "They thought dinner was going to be there! Isn't that a hoot?"

    Kaytee moves her dagger eyes over to Norax. Beside me, Cartney audibly exhales a sigh of relief, as if she's just removed her foot from his throat. However, the moment she speaks, he tenses right back up on impact.