Planning

Hey, it's Kassandra. Before I update, I just wanted to stop by and let you know where I'm at regarding this second book.

For years and years I've always had trouble with pinpointing what the main issue in The Classix might be. Sequels are FAMOUS [FAMOUX?] for being the least favorite among a series, probably because they usually only exist to be a segway into something much bigger. We're already over 100 pages into this book right now, and I apologize if it seems hectic. I hope I'm not boring you or anything. One of my biggest concerns is keeping you interested enough to reach the ending.

So often we find sequels where there isn't much of a singular plot. The only plot that comes to mind for me at the moment is the second Hunger Games in Catching Fire. Now, to me, that totally worked for Suzanne Collins. Catching Fire is actually my favorite in that series. But in Classix, simply making DEFED come in and threaten the Famoux with the same old deal––that's not exciting AT ALL.

I was up really late last night trying to figure everything out. You see, there are so many plots I've opened, and so many concepts I've introduced, and sometimes keeping track of it all is the scariest thing in the world. Since I've had years of daydreaming this story, I've naturally come up with a million different directions for the story to go in. After research in school and growing out of my especially melodramatic tween ideas (as if you didn't already think my teen ideas were melodramatic or anything), the overarching plot of The Famoux trilogy has undergone many massive changes in the last two years alone. AND I FEEL UNPREPARED!

I just wanted to let you know that this sequel is a massive work in progress, and that if I'm ever so blessed as to be able to publish it or release it elsewhere, it's going to be way less crazy. Going through this with your feedback is so amazing, because I have the ability to make every plot twist and concept happen and immediately see a reaction. I'll keep what seems vital, and I'll omit what doesn't. This is actually what I'm trying to do right now while editing book 1.

To end this semi-rant about my stress, I just want to thank you for sticking with my characters and their tumultuous lives. I've said it a million times, and I even wrote it down with a marker on a wall at Wattpad HQ, but I want you to know that Wattpad is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. My love for this website shows no bounds.

The photo I attached to this update makes me feel so grateful, with the Wattpad mug and the notebook I was gifted by a reader at my first ever book signing. You have taken me amazing places before I even graduated high school, and I will never stop loving you for that.

Now, how about some Classix?