(OLD) Chapter 20

Note: It's still Friday where I am. This totally counts as me not missing Famoux Friday.

BIG NEWS: Emeray/Emilee is getting interviewed by an actual magazine! The magazine is called Characters Magazine, and they need your questions! They sent me a Google Doc so you could submit Em some of your questions. This is similar to the character interviews I did after finishing the first Famoux, but the fact that it's for a magazine makes it a million times more awesome and official, don't you think?

This is the Google Doc for asking Em a question:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1k9kZLZNJGUugv_sOe4nhtKpRM9Xj8pMP3J6DO8uvoGA/viewform?c=0&w=1

I understand you can't exactly click on that from here, so it'll be on my BIO ON MY PROFILE as well as on MY MESSAGE BOARD. I'm trying to make this very very clear so you can ask a question, because your name and question will get to actually show up in the piece. GAHH!

PREVIOUSLY ON THE CLASSIX: We had the interviews with Ansel. Carstan and Emeray sorta got into a mild argument. It was, as the kids say, "lit."

emeray

Click-click. Click-click.

The sound of paparazzi outside the restaurant is soft and sporadic. Most restaurants we go to are apt to shoo away cameramen so the Famoux can eat in piece, but it seems to me that this establishment, Gat, isn't about to pass up the opportunity for free publicity. The captions come to mind as I steal a glance at the window, meeting a flurry of hungry bright lights.

Spotted having lunch at Gat: Emeray Essence, Till Amaris, Cartney Kirk, and new Fanatix members Sarah Craik and Lexi Bukow.

We're seated on the opposite side from the windows, but from the look of their massive lenses, a couple yards isn't proving to be much of an obstacle. They persist, growing in volume as we go through our courses.

Initiating conversation among two Famoux members, two diehard Famoux fans, and one fake boyfriend proves to be a struggle in and of itself. The easiest talk revolves around our interviews with Ansel last week, which, according to the press, were a massive success. Delicatum was charmed almost effortlessly by our new members. It makes Sarah and Lex starry-eyed over their salads when we remind them that with every passing day in the public eye, they're developing fans of their own.

Lex has yet to bring up any more accusations or questions about my love life since her first night in the Famoux, but regardless my breath catches all the same whenever she opens her mouth. Luckily, most of her anecdotes today have been harmless comments: Cool! Wow! Yeah!

Nevertheless, I pull out all the stops with convincing Lex and Sarah that Cartney and I are the happiest couple in Delicatum. Our hands are intertwined on the table like a flower arrangement, and my eyes soften dreamily whenever he speaks, even when it's something short and simple. It's halfway through our lunch when I realize that nobody can actually see the way my foot taps against his tenderly, but I keep at it anyway. From the look he's worn on his face everyday just before we step outside into the chaos of cameras, whatever threat DEFED's given him hasn't gone away.

I would've liked to have gotten some time to discuss this threat with him privately, but for the past week our daily walks have been replaced with lunches with a revolving cast of Famoux members. Since Kaytee, Race, and Chapter don't seem to jump at an opportunity for a two-hour meal with Cartney and I, Till has had to join us for lunch everyday with different Fanatix members. That being said, there is never a free moment to talk without somebody breathing down our necks.