CHAPTER 26 - THE PRINCE AND THE PRINCESS (PART 1)

"Where do you want to go first?" He asked me while the car's on halt due to the stoplight being on a red light.

"Anywhere's fine. Besides, you want to go out with me so I'll go wherever you want to go. You're the boss today." I said with a cheeky smile.

"Okay. If you say so." Then on cue, the light turned green and he drove off to somewhere he has in mind.

The car ride was quiet but not awkwardly quiet, we're just enjoying peacefulness and silence. I kept my gaze outside, seeing the blurry images of buildings, trees and people as the car pass by them. Then I suddenly just heard music playing in a normal volume inside the car. I turned to my right and saw that Jin oppa turned the radio on.

He gave me a quick glance when he saw me looking at him while tuning the radio before he focused back on the road. "I thought you might want some noise while we're on our way. Being silent is good at first but eventually it'll get boring and awkward if no one will make a sound." He explained but not looking at me.

"Hehehe. I think you're right oppa."

We stopped talking again so the only sound that can be heard inside the car is the radio.  I darted my focus back on the street, trying to entertain myself.

"So..." he started. I quickly looked at him when he spoke. "How's you and Taehyung?" He asked straightforwardly.

°.°

"Huh?"

"You know what I mean. I can see the both of you get closer and closer as time goes by."

"Ahhh... well.. Taehyung oppa is really kind and friendly. Maybe that's why." I tried to answer as simple as I can.

He nodded. "I see... but I think that's not what it looks like to him."

"What do you mean oppa?"

"I won't lie... Taehyung sure is really friendly and kind. It's natural to him. But it doesn't seem like that's his only intention."

"You mean... he's just pretending to be kind to me?"

"Ani~ can't you see? He likes you."

"You're kidding me oppa. How can he like me? I'm just a nobody." I defended.

He wagged his index finger. "Geugeot malhajima (don't say that) Everybody is a somebody."

"Ooh~ you sound like Namjoon oppa right now." I cooed.

"I'm serious, Jimae. Not because were idols doesn't mean that we overpower people who weren't and not just because you're not doesn't mean you can degrade yourself because of who you are."

"Thank you oppa. I appreciate your well-explained point of view. But again, I still don't think Taehyung oppa likes me."

"If he doesn't,  then why does he always kisses and hugs you and tell you he loves you?"

"...."

We're having a conversation where he just occasionally looks at me because he has to focus on the and me completely looking at him, absorbing everything he's saying.

"You can't answer me because you yourself know that he does. You're just denying it."

"Oppa.. can we quit talking about this? This is our day."

"You don't get my point. I'm telling you this because I care for you."

Eh?

"I know some things you don't. Barely because I live with them and you're not, so basically, I can easily figure out what's going on."