CHAPTER 43 - BYE

Ahjumma arrived just in time after I hang up with the phone. I quickly fixed myself and went to her to kiss her and bid goodbye.

"Neomu neomu gomawo, ahjumma. (Thank you very very much, ahjumma). Thank you for letting me stay here but I need to go now. Take care of yourself always and I'll visit you when I have time." I smiled to her.

She smiled back. "Oh darling. I'll really going to miss you. Even if you just stayed here for a short time, I felt like I already know you that much already. As much as I hate to see you go, but you have to. Take care of yourself. Saranghae."

We hugged one more time before I left her house that has become my secret paradise for days.

I arrived at our house almost midnight. I didn't dare to lessen my noise since Jin oppa told me that Seoyoung's been staying at their dorm for days now so I know that no one is home.

I opened the front door and opened the lights before heading straight to my bedroom.

"Ah~ welcome home, Jimae." I told myself as I lay down on my bed.

*next day*

I didn't know why but I just suddenly woke up from sleep without any alarm ringing.

That's odd

Since I know that I can't go back to sleep again, I decided to get up from bed and eat breakfast.

I prepared myself some cereal because I'm too lazy to cook myself a healthier breakfast.

I settled on my seat and ate my food.

"WOAH!"

I almost threw my food when I heard someone talk. I looked at the source of the voice. "Seoyoung, what are you doing here?"

She didn't even answer me and just went to me and gave me a hug. A very very tight one. "Unni~~  I miss you so much. Where have you been? Why did you come back just now? Don't you know how worried I am? I've been looking everywhere for you." She bombarded me with questions.

"Seoyoung, I can't breathe. Let go."

She did let go after a few more seconds. "What made you ran away like that?!"

And there she goes again.

"Seoyoung-ah... can you please quit asking too many questions? I'm still not in the mood for that."

I heard her sighed heavily. "Arasseo. Arasseo. But just so you know, I hate you for doing that. You didn't even tell me where you're staying at."

"I know you do. I'm sorry for that."

"But, I don't care anymore because you're back. Wait... let me call th----"

"Hajima!!" I suddenly bursted out.

"Huh? Wae? They've been looking out for you with me. They're also worried about you, especially Taeh---"

"Don't continue." I cut her off.

"Wae? That guy barely slept because of you. And now you're prohibiting me on telling him? Don't you have a heart unni?"

"...."

"See? I know you want to see him too. I'm calling him whether you like it or not."

I sighed heavily. Really heavy. "Seoyoung-ah... there's something I need to tell you."

----------------

"You sure you're gonna do this?"

"No. But I don't have a choice."

"Unni.."

"Seoyoung-ah... don't give me that face. You're making it more difficult for me."

She hugged me. "I don't know what to do."

"Nado, Seoyoung-ah. Nado."

I broke the hug and smiled at her while looking deep in her eyes. "Can you promise me something?"

She nodded. "Anything for you unni."

"Take care of yourself, okay?"

She looked at me for seconds then held my hands. "Unni... even if you don't tell me, I will really do... but I know that's not what you want to tell me."

"..."

"You don't need to hide it, unni... don't worry, I'll take care of him."

"Uhhh. T-thank y-you."

"Unni..."

"Hm?"

"Are you sure you don't want to tell him?"

"Seoyoung-ah... you have no idea how much I really wanted to. But I just chose not to because it will just screw up everything. So please, promise me not to tell anyone about this, especially to him. Can I count on that?"

She lowered her head and nodded slowly.

"Thank you." I whispered.

I was left in shock when she suddenly hugged me. "Can you not go?" Her words are more like mumbles and I can sense her starting to cry.

Then I suddenly became emotional by that and my eyes then started to get watery too. "Sorry... but I can't. I really can't. I'm needed there as much as I'm needed here."

I broke the hug and made her look at me. "Don't cry now. I don't want us to go separate ways with a heavy heart. Look at me. I'll go back and visit you as much as I can. I promise."

"Promise?"

I nodded. "Promise."

"O-okay.."

"Now wipe your tears and smile. They're already looking at us weirdly."

She did what I said. "I don't care. My bestfriend's leaving me and I don't know when will be back and I'll be left here alone. It hurts, y'know."

"I know. But we both have to stay strong, okay. Jimin oppa will always be there for you, just as he promised."

"But you're different from him. You're my bestfriend."

"And he's your boyfriend. I can assure you he'll love and protect you at any cost. Just tell me if hurts you and I will not hesitate to go back here to kick his ass."

She smirked. "How bout tell you now that he does so you won't be leaving anymore."

"Seoyoung! Don't you just dare lie to me or the both of you will get some."

"Nah. Just kidding unni."

"Uhm... well.. I gotta go now."

"I know."

"Last hug?" I spread my arms open for her and she hugged me as tight as she can.

"I'll miss you unni."

"Me too."

"Saranghae"

"Nado saranghae."

I broke the hug then I grabbed my luggage and started walking away. I gave her a last wave before boarding on the plane.

Bye Korea.

I'm gonna miss this.

I'm gonna miss you