CHAPTER 49 - JIWOO

JIMAE'S POV

Oh my god.

Lizzy, Seoyoung and I were on our way out of the café when I felt a hand on my shoulder then suddenly turned me around.

Next thing I knew, I was already trapped around someone's arms.

This feeling is somewhat familiar to me, it was awkward, more like comfortable to me.

The person's cologne lingered through my nose. I know this scent. I won't ever forget it.

This is him.

I'm sure of it.

It's Kim Taehyung.

His embrace made me feel like he's been waiting for this to happen for a very long time. I can feel every emotion he's feeling just by his hug.

"Babe, who is he?" My thoughts were interrupted by another man speaking.

"Jimae-ah.. who is he?" He asked again

"Taehyung.. let go. I know it's you." I gathered all my courage to talk to him

"I said let go." I commanded again and then he finally lets go. I quickly went away from him, afraid that he might hug me again. But the next thing happened caught me off guard.

He kissed me.

I wasn't ready for that and I know for sure neither are they, especially him.

"Jimae, who is that?" Lizzy pointed at Taehyung

"Uhh...." I don't know what to answer. 

Should I tell the truth? But she'll freak out if I do. But.. what kind of an alibi she'll definitely buy?

"She's my friend." Seoyoung cut me off, beating me to it. 

"Really? He looks like V.""He likes to copy V that's why. Hehe. Sorry for the trouble. He just likes hugging people like his idol, right?" I saw her nudged him so he'll just agree. I looked at her and she winked at me for saving me in this situation. 

"That's alright. No harm done anyway. And oh! Before we all leave... I want you to meet him. He's Lee Hyunwoo, my boyfriend."

Seoyoung gasped, surprised by my sudden introduction. Then I quickly took a glance of him and I was right, he also is shocked. Who wouldn't? Since I left Seoul, this is the first time we see each other again then I'll just introduce another man infront of my ex.

After introducing Hyunwoo to them, we finally decided to part ways. I know Jimin oppa already is looking for her and also Taehyung since I know he definitely followed us here without any of the members knowing.

"Hey.. you okay?" my boyfriend, Lee Hyunwoo asked while walking down the street.

"Hm? Uh-huh. Why?"

"You look kinda out of your mind. Is something bothering you?"

"Huh? N-no. No."

"Is it because of that guy?" he's pertaining Taehyung.

"Nah.. I'm fine. I swear." I smiled at him, assuring him that I'm really okay. "Hey Liz!" I called Lizzy's attention who's behind us. "Ppalli~"

"Alright alright! Geez... korean people and their korean." she muttered. Me and Hyunwoo just laughed at her retort.

We arrived at NY almost midnight. Good thing our flight wasn't delayed. Hyunwoo, being a gentleman he is, offered us a ride home even if we insisted that we'll just take a cab because he kinda live far from us.

"Jimae-ah~" mom welcomed the three of us as soon as we entered the house. She went for a hug. "How's the event?"

"It's---"

"INCREDIBLE, Mrs. Kwon." Lizzy cut me off. She's still as hyper as she was twelve hours ago. Where does this girl get all of this energy?

"Looks like you really had a time, huh. And oh! by the way, Lizzy, the guest room upstairs is already ready for you to settle in for the night."

"Thanks, Mrs. Kwon!"

"No problem. Hyunwoo-ah.. you sleeping here too?"

He shook his head. "Ani, eommonim. I just took the girls home, making sure they go home safe." 

"Aww.. that's so sweet of you."

He chuckled and lowered his head from embarrassment, "It's nothing. Uh... I better get going now."

"Gajima. Stay for the night, dear. It's already late. There's still another empty guest room next to Jimae's. You can sleep there." 

"That won't be necessary, Mrs. Kwon. I'll just go home."

"Stay." then she looked at me. "Jimae-ah.. how come you'll just let him go home after what he did you?"

"Umma.. I already told him the same thing, but he still insists of going home."

"Not on my watch. Hyunwoo-ah.. you'll sleep here. We can't risk you there driving alone in the middle of the night. Wait.. let me just fix the room for you. I'll be right back. You better not leave while I'm gone, ara?"

"Uhh.. ne" he obeyed because he knows once my mom said it, he can't do anything about it."

While waiting for mom to go back downstairs, I went to the kitchen to grab something to eat, leaving Hyunwoo back in the living room, watching random shows.

Rummaging our fridge, finding something to fill up my now grumbling stomach, I felt a pair or arms around my waist all of a sudden. I jumped a little because of shock.

"Watcha looking for?" 

"Nothing in particular really. Just going to grab whatever I feel like eating. I haven't eaten anything since we flew from L.A"

"I understand, Miss Piggy. You need to feed that big belly of yours." He chuckled behind me.

"Tsk. Says the one who can two boxes of pizza by himself." 

"Whatever.  We both know who eats more"

"Then get away from me." I tried pulling his arms away from me.

"Nah.. you may eat like it's already the end of the world, I'll still love you." He pecked my cheeks.

"I found a cheesecake!" I cheered, disregarding his confession.

He chuckled. "Yeah.. changing the topic, I see. You know what... let's just get this cheesecake in your system." He held my hand and we ate it in the kitchen together happily.