CHAPTER 53 - MAY

"WHAT?!"

"You serious man?" I nodded.

"But that's tomorrow already."

"I know."

"You're kidding me, Taehyung. You can't just do that."

"But I already did, Jimin." I showed them a piece of paper in my hand. "I already bought a ticket back to Korea."

"You're being nonsense, Kim Taehyung. We promised her that we'll all go." Hoseok hyung spoke this time, somewhat a little irritated.

"Then go! I'm the only one who's going home earlier, not you! I'll just tell her something happened that's why I can't come."

"How dare you talk to your hyung like that, huh?" Jin hyung scolded me.

"You can't force me to go. Not in that. Don't you know how hard it is to see the only girl you love being married to someone and is not to you, huh?!"

"...."

"No, you don't. So don't tell I'm overreacting." I stood up and exited the house, slamming the door infront of their faces. I heard Jimin called my name but I didn't turn back.

Through the cities of New York, I walk and walk until I find a good place to sit and rest for awhile, to think things through.

Finding a park while strolling, I look for an empty bench to sit at. I sat there and watch everyone pass by me, some with their family, some with their pets, some with friends, some walking alone, and some with their other half.

Seeing them, makes me feel all the pain again. Why is the world so cruel to me? Yeah, some may think that I'm being a selfish bastard right now because beside all the fame and money I have right now, I'm still wanting more.

It's true, all I want is to become a famous idol that everyone adores and loves. But that was before, before I met Jimae. She... she made me realize that material things are not what will really make you happy.

Because now I know for sure, that she is and always will be my happiness.

But that happiness will no longer be possible anymore. Because she already found happiness to another.

"Hey mister." I tug on my shirt broke me off my thoughts. I looked at my side and saw a doll-like american girl beside me.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay? Why are you crying?"

Crying?

I touched my face and felt something wet on my cheeks. I quickly wiped it away. I never thought I'm already crying. "Uhm.. yes, I'm fine." I tried to talk to her in English.

She sat beside me. "Why are you sitting here alone? Where are your friends? Your family?" She asked too many questions but I'm not irritated with it because I like kids.

"To think. I don't live here. My family in Korea. My friends in hotel." I wish she understands what I'm trying to tell her. But she nodded so I guess she did.

"Do you want to play? My friends are over there." She pointed to the bunch of playing kids not so far from us.

"I'm too old for you."

"We don't mind mister. You look sad so we want to cheer you up." She stood up and grabbed my hand, trying to pull me up. "Come on, mister, let's go."

"Okay." I smiled. But before we went to her friends, I stopped her, making her look at me curiously. "What's your name?"

"I'm May. How about you mister?"

"I'm V. Nice meeting you, May." I smiled at her.

May. Out of all the names in the world, she has the same name as her. They have some similarities. They're both beautiful, both down to earth, both cheerful and both caring.

"Hello V. You have a unique name. I like it." She smiled, the same smile as her. Her smile is so bright, the sun was overshadowed by it.

We reached her friends and they welcomed me with a hug.

"Guys.. this is V. Our new playmate. Isn't he cute?" May introduced me to her friends.

"No he's not. I'm cuter." A boy interjected, arms crossed on his chest, looking a little mad.

I crouched infront of him. "You're right. You're cuter." I pinched his cheeks.

"Really?" I nodded.

"Then get away from her. She's mine."

I chuckled with actions. Why do all May are taken?

"Okay." I agreed.

"Hey V. Are you Chinese? Why is your name V?" Another girl approached me.

"I'm Korean. It's my stage name."

"Are you a singer?" I nodded.

"Oh oh! My mom likes Korean too. I always hear her singing something but I don't understand it. Wait..." he went for his bag and looked something inside. "Found it." He fished it out, revealing an iPad.

"Wait.. I'll find that song. I send it from my mom's phone and listens to it always even if I don't understand anything." He played it and with just the tones played, I already figured out what the song is.

Taeyang sunbaenim's 'Wedding Dress'.

Out of all the songs in the world, why this? Do they know what I'm going through right now?

Baby 제발 그의 손을 잡지마~
Cuz you should be my lady~
오랜 시간 기다려온 날 돌아봐줘~

노래가 울리면 이제 너는~
그와 평생을 함께하죠~
오늘이 오지 않기를~
그렇게 나 매일 밤 기도했는데~

네가 입은 웨딩드레스~

(Baby, please don't hold those hands~
Cuz you should be my lady~
Please look at me, I've been waiting all this time~

Once the music ends, you'll be with him forever~
I prayed and prayed that this day wouldn't come~

The wedding dress you once wore~)

"Hey mister, you're crying again. Are you hurt or something?" May looked at me with all worry in her eyes.

I wiped my tears and stood up. "I go home now. Can't play with you. Next time, okay?"

"Uh.. okay."

I gave each one of them a hug. "Bye."

"Uhh.. V?"

"Yes?"

"In case you want to play with us, you can always find us here."

"Okay." Then I started to walk away from them.

Gosh... I'm being too emotional.

I better leave this country soon so I won't witness the most heartbreaking part of my life.

Which will be tomorrow.