11. Confessions

Hi everyone! Here's the long awaited chapter of Enamored! I just graduated high school and celebrated for a while which is why it took a long time for me to update :) Please don't forget to vote, comment, follow me, and add this book to your libra...

Hi everyone! Here's the long awaited chapter of Enamored! I just graduated high school and celebrated for a while which is why it took a long time for me to update :) Please don't forget to vote, comment, follow me, and add this book to your library! 

Xoxo, Angelique

"Because what's worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?"

― James Patterson,

The sparks that lingered from our kiss disappeared as quickly as the alien feeling that blossomed in my chest. I slowly pushed Daemon away, afraid that even a slight hint of ferocity would ignite his violent side. He simply stared back at me with his usual smirk. He slowly licked his bottom lip before speaking.

"Don't pretend you didn't love every second of it." He said. His tone was playful, but I knew better.

"You tricked me." I accused him.

Daemon saw my change in demeanor and sighed, "I just wanted to know what it would feel like."

I gave him a questioning look but he only returned it with a small smile I couldn't decipher

"Where's Danny?" I asked him fearfully.

He glared at the tone of my voice before landing his gaze on my lip. I touched it gingerly and assumed that it was probably swollen from the kiss. Since when did you care about what he thinks? I thought.

"Your friend won the game when 'he tried' to save you from the wolf." He drawled.

Danny saved me. So that was his body that collapsed against me before Daemon came. As my gaze swept across the moonlit forest, I couldn't find my friend anywhere. Questions reeled my mind before Daemon's velvety voice soothed away my worries.

"He's safe." He said.

I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding before Daemon begins speaking again. "It's surprising you and your friends have made it this far in my game. Many give up after the first one." He grinned.