14. Amor

Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update, I just came back from work >

Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update, I just came back from work >.< Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to comment and vote!

Song: Love Won't Sleep x Lostboycrow

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I scrubbed the tenacious stain on the gleaming polished wooden table at Bel Cibo. Although my father was hospitalized, I gathered enough strength and courage to show up to work after visiting him because the upcoming medical bills that would be thrown our way weren't going to pay themselves.

My shoulder ached from scrubbing hard while pins and needles were jabbing themselves into my high heeled feet. I wiped the sweat that brimmed on my forehead before throwing the greasy towel down in desperation. Walking towards the kitchen of the restaurant, a wave of dizziness came over me that I fell back before someone grabbed hold of my waist and shoulder to prevent me from falling.

I turned my head and saw Angelo's smiling face

I turned my head and saw Angelo's smiling face. He looked captivating as always with only a simple gray sweater and dark jeans. His wild curly hair was gone and was replaced with a gelled hairstyle that pushes his hair back to reveal his high cheekbones and sharp jaw. He was gorgeous and I was reeking of food leftovers.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as I wiped my hands on my apron.

"I'm picking you up after work. Your shift is almost done right?" he said, giving me a small smile.

I nodded. "In half an hour, if you're okay with waiting?"

"I'll wait for you for the rest of my life." he joked.

Before I opened my mouth, my manager's annoying screech interrupted our conversation. "Stop flirting with customers and —" she paused when she saw Angelo.

"Mr. De Rege, I-I didn't know you came tonight. I hope this worker isn't bothering you." she murmured nervously as she tucked a stray hair behind her ear while batting her eyelashes towards Angelo.

I rolled my eyes when Angelo spoke, "On the contrary, Celeste is doing a great job with customer service." he ended with a grin.

Following my manager towards the bar I mouthed a "I'll be back," to him.