22. Medio Terrae

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for the lack of updates recently

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for the lack of updates recently. In just one day, my life has drastically changed and it's going to take me awhile to get over it. Thank you so much for your patience over the past few days and I'd like to dedicate this chapter to jackienoelle for creating some ship names :) Angeleste and Deleste! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

Song: Meet In The Middle x Ta-ku & Wafia

"Where do we find allies?"

Father Yarvi smiled. "Among our enemies, where else?"

― Joe Abercrombie, Half the World

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My eyes were wide open when his lips moved against mine. Daemon kissed me with so much passion and intensity that it felt like he was reassuring himself that I was real. He was carrying me bridal style that although I want to move away from him, I wouldn't be able to. I pulled away from him disbelief showing on my face.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him.

He opened his mouth to speak before he let out a surprised groan. An arrow was lodged into his right shoulder.

"Let her go." One of the men who attacked me and Angelo said.

Daemon rolled his eyes in annoyance before setting me down. He pushed me behind him and pulled out the lethal arrow from his shoulder easily and threw it aside. The arrow landed on the cement with a soft thud.

"Really? I thought I already killed you." Daemon said lazily.

The man ignored Daemon and averted his gaze to me. "If you know what's good for you, you'll stay away from the both of them." he spat. The man turned to run but Angelo caught up to him and knocked him out.

"I never knew you had it in you, brother." Daemon said, clearly impressed.

Angelo trudged his way to him and punched Daemon square in the jaw. Daemon fell back but maintained his balance after awhile.