28. It's Over

Hey guys! I apologize for the late update! My internet crashed as I was about to post Enamored! It's updated now and I'm so sorry y'all have to wait this long

Hey guys! I apologize for the late update! My internet crashed as I was about to post Enamored! It's updated now and I'm so sorry y'all have to wait this long. Thank you for your patience! Also, I'm moving into my dorm room and starting college soon so I can only update once a week now. I'll let you guys know what the new update schedule is going to be. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

I'll Be Good x Jaymes Young

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You can open your eyes now."

It was nighttime when I slowly opened my eyes. To my relief, we stood at the porch of Angelo's mansion where everything was silent despite the sound of the crickets' chirp, interrupting our moment of peace. He didn't bring me to the Nether Realm.

I loosened my hold on Daemon's waist. My hands fell to his hips in surprise when Daemon tightened his embrace around me. It was brief, before he released me from his arms to my dismay.

Perhaps it was for the better. Because, the more I spend time with him and talk to him, something within me stirred and I've been struggling to impede this thriving feeling.

Daemon's face was expressionless. Without saying a word, he turned his back to me and walked away.

"Did you...kill them all?" I asked him. Did he kill all of the members of Medio Terrae?

Daemon stopped in his tracks and curled his fist.

"No." he said, his voice curt.

He started to walk again shaking his head.

"Why didn't you?" I was curious. Daemon hated Medio Terrae because they meddled with the game we were playing. He had the chance to take their souls to the Nether Realm and become even more powerful as he feeds off them.

But...he didn't.

"You know why." he grunted.

I crossed my arms. "I actually don't. Enlighten me, Daemon. I'm not a mind reader."

Daemon turned to me, his face blank. He opened his mouth as if he wanted to say what he meant but took it back when he closed them again.

"I like to play with my prey before they die." he replied matter of factly with a shrug.

"Of course, what do I expect?" I said sarcastically. My tone towards him changed when I remembered Daniel, Ted, and Brittany.

"My friends...are they...safe?" I asked him in a small voice.

"They're inside the house." he replied nodding his head at that direction.

Daemon began to cast a rune to the Nether Realm, his hand leaving traces of blue light in the dark as he began to draw the rune.

I took a few steps towards him and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Thank you for saving me."

He stopped creating the rune and faced me. He leaned closer to my face until I could feel his warm breath on my upper lip. His gaze was heated and it wasn't covered with lust like the way he usually looks at me. This time, it was something else. Was he angry with me?

Daemon leaned in closer and I tilted my head to...

"Celeste!" Angelo's voice jolted me awake from my trance. I moved away from Daemon immediately as if I've been electrocuted. Was I really about to kiss him?

"I'm so glad you're safe." Angelo said looking at Daemon then back to me. He gave me a passionate kiss which I reciprocated in return. After our kiss, I looked at Daemon to thank him once more, but he was gone. My eyes searched for him until I saw a glimpse of blue in the shadows close to the ancient oak tree.

When I tried to look closely, it disappeared as quickly as this alien feeling I felt earlier with Daemon.

"Let's go inside." Angelo said putting his hand at the small of my back. I let him lead me inside the house and into the living room where my friends waited.

"Celeste!" they exclaimed when they saw me.

I hugged each and one of them while asking if they're alright. My heart leapt in joy knowing that they're all safe thanks to...

Daemon.

The man who brought me so much heartache and pain the past few months became my savior. Knowing him, he'll probably collect his "reward" for saving me and my loved ones twice. Yet, it was so unlike him to not say anything about it. Maybe he was changing after all.

Not that he's still not the same heartless man I first met.

Shaking my thoughts away, I focused on the reality now. My friends are safe because Daemon saved them, and Angelo...Well, he disappointed me once again.

He wasn't there when I needed him. Again.

"Can we talk?" I asked him.

My friends went silent as they looked at me and then to Angelo.

Angelo and I headed to the kitchen were I leaned against the countertop and him just staring at me with a confused look on his face.

"What's wrong?" he asked me.

"You knew me and the group were in danger, but you didn't come for us." I told him my voice cracking.

His eyes shot down, the guilty look on his face evident.

"I'm sorry."

I took a step back, not believing what he had just said.

"Sorry? I almost died Angelo! I was so scared, and you weren't there again." I said my voice rising.

Angelo's face darkened when I raised my voice to him.

"I wanted to save you, but I can't." he answered simply.

"What do you mean? You're my guardian angel!"

"What I meant was...I can't save you without hurting anyone. If any of those humans die under my hand, I'll become a demon and I will lose my chance to be a part of the Angel Council!" he said furiously.

And that's when everything clicked together.

Angelo never loved me.

He only pretended that he loved me as more than a friend so he could use my identity as the Bridal Fruit to improve his status as an angel in Heaven.

My chest began to hurt as if something stabbed me in the heart and a knot in my throat began to form.

"You never...loved me." I managed to say.

Angelo remained silent, not even defending himself. His silence proved that I was right. The next three words Angelo uttered became one of my worst nightmares that has come true.

"Let's break up."

What do you guys think about Angelo breaking up with Celeste? Do you guys think Medio Terrae won't bother Celeste and her friends again after Daemon saved her? Let me know in the comments below! Please don't forget to vote and share this book with your friends!

Xoxo,

Angelique <3