12. Comfortable

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of update yesterday and late upload today >

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of update yesterday and late upload today >.< Wattpad was having some issues. Thank you everyone for voting and adding my book to your story :D Next update will be this Saturday! What do you guys think will happen?

Warning: This chapter is unedited.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"The absence of a message sometimes is a presence of one." - Hasse Jenner

I trudged my way through the somber forest. I was tempted to yell out Angelo's name but then I realized that the echo of my voice would capture the attention of the wolves that were chasing after us. Where is Danny? Deciding to believe Daemon was a mistake on my part. I thought.

The ghost of his silvery voice haunted my thoughts especially when he told me he loves me. A part of me wanted to believe him, to venture dangerously far from my comfort zone. It was so tempting to see what he'll do until I realized that only a part of me wanted to be with him was because I was flattered.

I raised my arm until it's level to my gaze. This appallingly beautiful imprint scarred me from the moment Daemon gave it to me unwillingly.

He's forcing me to accept his love. The realization hit me suddenly.

Did I make the mistake of telling Daemon that I want to continue the game? It was a risk I have to take. There is a chance one of my friends could fail. Was I too selfish to only think of myself when I declared that I wanted to continue the game?

A shiver went down my spine causing me to rub my arms with my hands to bring me warmth. I must focus on finding my friends. As I continue my trek further into the forest, I heard familiar voices conversing between an empty patch of the forest.

As I walked closer, I realized that it was my friends who were conversing in anger and pointing a blame to the rugged Daniel.

"What do you mean you 'tried' to save her? IF you 'tried' to save her she would be here now wouldn't she?" I heard Brittany screeched.

"She must be with Daemon," I saw Angelo paced back and forth, "I have to find her." he said worriedly.

"Wait! We have to stay together..." Summer said fearfully.

Another wave of argument would have passed over my friends if I hadn't revealed myself. The moment I did, I was suffocated with hugs from my friends while they asked worried questions about me.

After I finished answering all of their questions, Danny walked up to me with shame.

"I'm sorry," he said, "I wished I had been stronger to save you."

I shook my head, "There's nothing to apologize for."

"We have to get back to our world before we're stuck here." I suggested. Everyone agreed. With Angelo's help, we ventured our way to the forest and found our way back to Chinvat and back to the door to Earth and also back to our consciousness.