31. True Colors

Hi everyone! I apologize for not updating for two months >

Hi everyone! I apologize for not updating for two months >.< I've been so busy with my first quarter in my freshman year of college. Thank you so much for being patient and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Song: Don't Let Me Go x G-Eazy ft. Grace

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I stood there in the empty hallway of my school silent. Did he really just say what he just said? As my mind processed on what Daemon just said, his words rang true. He wanted to be human so badly.

And it was because he loved me.

I had a hard time believing it. No one in this world would love someone so much that they were willing to change their entire being for the person that they love.

But there was.

Daemon.

He loved me and I don't know how to react to his words.

After a long pause, I began to speak.

"What happened?" If today marked the day Daemon was supposed to be human, why isn't he human now?

"Let me show you." he said extending his arm to me.

And with a blink of an eye, I was at a different place outside of the school. I stood before multiple headstones. The wind blew its cold somber breath towards me.

Daemon stood to my right, staring at one certain headstone stonily. As I looked closely, this wasn't just a regular headstone. It was a large one and it stood tall above others. I squinted closely at the words written on the headstone. To my dismay, I couldn't read the letters elegantly etched into the dark gray stone.

Δαίμον

After awhile, I didn't know what these letters meant until I remembered that I took a Word Roots class that involved learning about Greek letters. As I attempted to find what each letter meant, I realized it was Daemon's name etched into the stone.

"I was going to denounce my title as King of the Nether Realm and the powers as well as the immortality that comes with it to become human." Daemon began.

I had a million questions to ask him but I remained silent. My heart was pounding. I was nervous on the next words on what he's about to say.

"I was tired of taking care of the dead or anything that belongs down below. The elders of the Nether Realm agreed that my brother, Ayperos could replace me as the next King and I would be able to shed all power that comes along with being a demon to be a mortal."

He turned away from me as he faced the dark stone that had his name etched into its sleek surface.

"Ayperos abandoned me with this burden by becoming an angel himself. Today was the day I was supposed to transition into a human." Daemon's fingers grazed the surface of the dark stone above his name.