38. The Final Outcome

Hi guys! Only four more chapters before the end of Enamored! I apologize for the lack of updates recently but I'm still trying my hardest to complete this story this year! Thank you so much for being patient with me! 

Song: I Don't Wanna Live Forever x Zayn & Taylor Swift

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You have until before midnight of today to finish the game." Daemon informed me. We were shrouded in darkness as he led me to a well lit room. It was then I realized that the room we just walked into was the same parlor that me and my friends found ourselves in when we first played Daemon's game.

The intricate tapestries were still the same and the red flames in the fireplace still resembled the shape of multiple snakes hissing and striking at anyone that dares to come close.

"How will I know if I won the game?" I asked Daemon.

In reply, he tsked. "Don't get too cocky now, Celeste." he said facing me. "This is the final level of our game, and I don't intend to make it easy." he warned.

Stepping away from me, Daemon flashed me a devious grin. "Happy Birthday, Celeste." he said to me, before he disappeared before me.

I was all alone.

I looked around my surroundings and attempted to calm the panic that threatened to rise from my throat. Trying to remember some of the rules of the game, I walked towards the double doors that Daemon and I entered and turned the knob.

Instead of the dimly lit hallway that my friends and I have seen in previous games, I stood before the swimming pool of my high school. The lights were turned off causing me to stumble when my foot made contact with a duffle bag in the middle of the walk way.

"Celeste!" familiar voices shouted at me in unison. I walked faster to where I heard those voices only to see Brittany, Ted, and Daniel running towards me.

"Guys! What are you doing here?" I asked them. There was something different about them. It was something I couldn't quite put my finger on. They couldn't have been here if it wasn't for a rune or Daemon taking them to the Nether Realm.

Right now, we were inside of the our "high school." I knew it was all a set up for the nightmare or fear I'll face. Yet, I wasn't sure on how it relates to both.

"We have to go." Brittany said with urgency. "We'll explain on the way."

I agreed with them and exited from the pool. As we walked through the halls, I couldn't shake the uncertainty I feel as I continued to walk with my friends.

I collided into Brittany's back when she stopped walking all of a sudden. Something fell from the inside of her jacket causing a loud clatter when it hit the ground.