41. Eternal Love

Another chapter of Enamored guys!!!! One more chapter to go! I hope you guys like this chapter as well! 

Song: It Will Rain x Bruno Mars

Angelo's eyes widened at my answer and he backed away from me as dark wisps emerged from the doors of the Nether Realm and suffocated him with its darkness.

He screamed and grabbed at his throat while the dark shadows lifted him up to the ceiling. His once ivory wings peeled off as they were replaced by silky black feathers. His blonde hair turned into an ashy white as his once warm hazel eyes transformed into an envious jade color.

"No!! This wasn't supposed to happen!" He screamed in pain. "I'm not supposed to turn into a demon!" He flew towards me reaching for my hand but the shadows pulled him away from.

"Celeste," he begged once more, "choose me, I promise I'll change for you. I l—" his words were cut off when the evil shadows dragged him across the polished marble floor and into the doors of the Nether Realm.

It was just me and Daemon left.

I looked to my side and saw a new name being etched into the the dark stone.

Αγγελος

Angelo's name glowed brightly against the slab of onyx. It replaced the slashed marks of Daemon's name making Angelo the new King of the Nether Realm. It took me awhile to put the pieces together but then I finally discovered why Angelo became a demon.

Angelo thought that he wouldn't turn into a demon if he didn't hurt or direct any pain or suffering to any mortal. However, he led Minerva and the rest of Medio Terrae to their deaths and slashed Daemon's name from the stone, unmaking him. He indirectly hurt all those people which caused him to transform once more as a demon.

Daemon wheezed beneath me causing me to take me away from my thoughts as he struggled to open his eyes. "Daemon please, stay with me." I begged him as he finally opened his cerulean eyes halfway.

"You chose me." he wheezed as his lips attempted to form a small smile.

I wiped the tears from my face. "Of course, I did. I love you." I confessed. "I'm sorry it took me so long to realize and say it. But, I love you Daemon."

"So please, stay with me so we can be together." I begged him.

His pale hand reached towards my face and caressed it softly. "I love you, Celeste. But I'm sorry, I won't be able to stay with you because I will soon cease to exist."

I shook my head. "No, let me save you Daemon. Please don't give up on us." I said as I took him into my arms and sobbed into his shoulder. He struggled to sit up but once he did, he wrapped his arms around me. Daemon kissed my forehead.

"Let's stay like this for one last time." he requested. I obliged to his wish and snuggled closer to him, inhaling his crisp scent.

"There were so many things I wanted to experience with you, Celeste." he admitted as he took a deep breath. He was struggling to speak. "I wanted to take you to what humans call a 'date.' I wanted to marry you," he confessed as he ran his fingers through my hair. "and grow old with you."

More tears fell from my eyes when I listened to him confess. I wiped them all away and added on to what he imagined our life to be if he lived as a human.

"We would have met in college." I began.

I would be a studious woman with her goals in mind to help her parents and take them out of poverty. Daemon would have been a con artist in the same college I go to as he scammed his way to pay for tuition.

"I would have been so talented at that career." Daemon said hoarsely as he let out a weak laugh.

It would have taken awhile for me to fall for him, but when I did, I fell hard. Fast forward to a few years and Daemon and I would have been engaged to get married. My parents and friends loved him for me and we were so happy because we would have a long life together.

Once I described to him our wedding, Daemon closed his eyes momentarily causing me to panic. He silenced my fears when he kissed my forehead.

"I'm okay, Celeste. I was just imagining how beautiful you'd look in white. And for you to finally be mine as I finally become yours."

I continued with the story of our lives but I couldn't help but notice Daemon weakening by each second. Little by little, ashes flew from his body causing his feet to no longer exist. I grabbed onto him tightly, never wanting to let him go.

"We would have three children." I continued, "Two boys and one girl. They all have your...eyes." I struggled to continue as I let out a sob.

Daemon tried to console me. But it wasn't working.

"Please don't leave me, Daemon." I begged him, sobbing into his shoulder. Something wet hit my cheek and I later realized that it was Daemon's tear that fell on my cheek.

"I'll always be with you, Celeste." he said pressing his forehead against mine. "This would be my last gift for you. I want you to be free from obligations so you can choose who you love freely."

"You're the one I love, no one else!" I cried.

"Thank you for teaching me how to love unconditionally. You told me once that if I love you, I'll let you go and be happy without me." Daemon said softly.

"But that's not the case, now..." I said desperately. "Is there no other way I can save you?"

Daemon pulled me in for a kiss.

Our last kiss wasn't a sweet gentle one. We kissed each other with need and sadness, tasting each other and knowing what could have been if we were together. He rested his head on my shoulder before whispering three painful words, the ones I will never be able to hear from him again.

"I love you, Celeste." he whispered to me.

"I'll never see you again..." I cried as I held onto him tighter.

"You'll see me in your dreams, my love. Be free, and love wholly because that's how I wanted to love you." Daemon said his last words closing his eyes before he vanished into thin air leaving me all alone.

It's as if he never existed

It's as if he never existed. The only proof that he was ever with me was the swollen lip I had from the passionate kiss we shared.

I laid on the floor for the longest time. I was finally free, but my love was sacrificed in the end, scarring me for life.

I was free, but I know that I would never be free from my love for Daemon.

Please don't forget to comment and vote guys!!! <333

Xoxo, 

Angelique