40. Chosen One

Hi everyone! Here's another chapter of Enamored! Happy New Year's Eve to you all and thank you for reading and being so patient with my crazy update schedule throughout this year! There's two more chapters left of Enamored and they will be posted ...

Hi everyone! Here's another chapter of Enamored! Happy New Year's Eve to you all and thank you for reading and being so patient with my crazy update schedule throughout this year! There's two more chapters left of Enamored and they will be posted momentarily :) I hope you guys like this chapter!

Song: I Know You x Skylar Grey

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You're right. I've been their ally the entire time."

His confession was worse than the pain that ebbed from my arm. This was my fear that I haven't overcome yet; Angelo's betrayal. Daemon thought that my fear and nightmare were my friends' betrayal, but it wasn't. It was Angelo's.

I have no time to wallow in self pity because I'm against Medio Terrae and Angelo. Pulling out the arrow that punctured my arm, I threw it to the side while I tried to stand with shaky legs. My fingers grazed the wound that was supposed to be there only to find dried blood that covered my skin.

I finally received my healing powers. The sense of betrayal was replaced by the power that surged through me. Minerva and the rest of Medio Terrae watched as I stood before them with courage.

Angelo watched in amusement as I turned to him, my voice monotonous. "How could you this to me and our friends?"

He simply examined his nails before furling his wings so they dragged behind him. "As I've said before, I wanted to be in the Angel Council and to be the strongest out of all the angels in the Nether Realm by having you by my side."

"So our friendship meant nothing to you at all. I was just a part of your plan to ascend your place as a guardian angel." I replied.

Angelo held up a finger to silence me. "No, our love meant everything to me. I didn't expect to fall in love with you but I did."

"You wanted to kill me." I said. "That's not love."

He raised a brow before looking at Daemon. "And you call what he's done to you as love?"

I stayed silent which gave Angelo more time to say what he needed to say. "From the very beginning, it has all been me. After all, I was the reason why you couldn't be human." he said to Daemon.

"You never wanted to maintain the balance of power between Heaven and the Nether Realm." I whispered to myself.

Angelo tilted his head to the side before facing Minerva and Medio Terrae. "Speaking of which," he informed them as he looked at his wrist with amusement, "all of you have overstayed your welcome in Chinvat. Enjoy the rest of your lives in the Nether Realm."

With a small smile, he watched as Minerva and the rest of the Medio Terrae realized what he was trying to say. Humans that stayed in Chinvat for more than half an hour will have their souls redeemed by the Nether Realm.

Horror entered my entire being as I watched the rest of Medio Terrae kneel and cough out blood. Smoke surrounded their body and it's when I realized that this smoke were their souls leaving their body.

Their souls combined together in a large cloud of gray and surged to the other side of the door. The Nether Realm.

Minerva's body and the rest of Medio Terrae laid waste on the floor, their eyes opened even after they died. I took multiple steps back, covering my mouth with both of my hands to prevent the scream that threatened to rise from my throat.

The pieces of the puzzle finally clicked together after Angelo's confession. It was weird that an angel like him could enter the Nether Realm when me and my friends were playing Daemon's game. He pretended to be "weak" and unable to defend us when we were first ambushed by Medio Terrae because he couldn't hurt his own allies. He was also the one that told them of my whereabouts that night I was kidnapped as well as the location of the safe house.

It has always been him the entire time.

And the death of Minerva and Medio Terrae proved that he would do anything to reach his goals.

Daemon's eyes changed from their cool cerulean hue to a murderous crimson color. Fire came from his palms and threw that ball of fire towards Angelo.

Daemon pushed me behind him so I wouldn't feel the heat of his murderous flames.

However, Angelo easily dodged each attack of the dangerous flames. "Tsk tsk, you've been out of practice, brother. I expected more from you."

His hand touched and grazed the slab of onyx that had Daemon's name. Angelo pulled an ivory knife with a golden hilt before he slashed multiple times Daemon's embedded name on the stone. Each slash caused Daemon to convulse in pain causing him to fall on the black marbled floor.

"Daemon! What's wrong, what's happening?!" I panicked as I ran to his side. I cradled his head on my lap as he looked at me weakly. He gasped, trying to take in small breaths of air.

"He's dying." Angelo said tonelessly as he played with his ivory knife.

"What have you done?" I said angrily. Angelo tsked again as he wiped the stray tears that fell down my cheek. I didn't even know that I was crying.

"You see Celeste, by slashing his name off that stone," he said softly pointing with his knife, "Daemon will cease to exist. Therefore, you only have one option to choose on whom you could be with."

I glared at him before I spat at his face. "You psycho."

Angelo wiped the spit from his face before plastering a smile back on his treacherous face. "I prefer to be called love or sweetie, but I guess that could work too."

I took Daemon's clammy hand to mine and willed my body to heal him. Golden light emitted from my body and transferred to Daemon's weak body. I was desperate to save him and I let out a cry as I gave almost my entire energy to save Daemon but he could barely open his eyes.

"You can't save him." Angelo informed me. I let out a strangled scream as I attempted once more to give Daemon strength.

He gripped my chin to face him. "We have the rest of eternity to spend together, Celeste. Stop wasting your energy on a lowly demon and make your decision. Choose me. Your friends' souls as well as yours are free. There's nothing to hold you back from me anymore. So choose me. I can love you better than Daemon ever could." Angelo begged me, his voice full of sincerity.

I let go of Daemon's hand and stared at Angelo lifelessly. Hope sparked in his eyes when he thought that he finally won me over.

But my words betrayed my actions.

"I choose Daemon." I told him clearly.

And that's when all hell broke loose. 

Please don't forget to comment what you think and vote! 

Xoxo, 

Angelique <3