24. In The Arms of An Angel

Hi everyone! Here's another update for Enamored! Lately, things haven't been a lot easy for me this week so I apologize for the lack of consistency in my updates

Hi everyone! Here's another update for Enamored! Lately, things haven't been a lot easy for me this week so I apologize for the lack of consistency in my updates. I do promise that I'll update at least once or twice a week and that will either be on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays! I hope you all enjoy this chapter! :D

Song: I Love You Too Much x Diego Luna and Gustavo Santaollala

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I stared at the multiple text messages that showed up on my phone from Ted, Brittany, and Daniel. Apparently all of them had to leave for Europe because of their parents current scandal in Hollywood. I totally understood, I just wished I wasn't left alone to deal with the problems that ensued with Medio Terrae.

I should be grateful because I have Angelo by my side regardless of the loneliness that settled in my heart. I sat with my legs crossed on one of the couches in Angelo's living room as I continued to study from the yellowed pages of Fructus Est Nuptialis.

One of the doors to my side clicked open and Angelo walked in with his large ivory wings dragging behind him.

"Where've you been?" I asked him.

"I came from the Angel Council." he replied with a loud sigh. I stared at him confused.

"The Angel Council is the government among all angels in heaven.They decide who is assigned as guardians, as workers in government, and as soldiers."

I closed the book and walked towards him.

"What's wrong?" I said worriedly cupping his cheek. Angelo leaned against my hand before taking it and kissing the palm of my hand.

"I reported to them the issues about Medio Terrae. They deemed it as unimportant human affairs because it hasn't caused any 'grand' problems between the balance of power between Heaven and the Nether Realm." he finished.

"I'm so sorry about that." I told him before he pulled me to his arms.

I inhaled his soapy scent before he began to speak again causing his chest to rumble. "They don't believe me because I'm just a guardian angel." he murmured sadly.

"A guardian angel? Is that the lowest position you could be?" I asked.

"Yes, because we are much closer to the Nether Realm. Below Earth, lies the Nether Realm. The highest I could be is to be a part of the Angel Council." Angelo explained.

I pulled away from him slightly. "Does that mean that if you get promoted, you won't be my guardian angel anymore? Does that mean that you'll leave me?" My heart broke just the thought of him leaving me. Why am I being like this? I wasn't the type of girl who wanted my happiness to depend on one person.