35. Rejection

AHHHHH!!!! THANK YOU GUYS FOR HELPING ENAMORED REACH #49 IN PARANORMAL TWO DAYS AGOOOO!!!!!

Song: I Needed You x Blackbear

Angelo continued to kiss me with fervor but all I felt was his desperation to create the addicting spark that was extinguished. I pushed him away which is what I should have done earlier.

"What's wrong?" he asked breathless from our one sided kiss.

I hesitated before looking away. How do I even tell him that I no longer feel the same way he does?

"I think it's best that we should stay as friends." I told him.

Surprise spread like wildfire on his beautiful features. It's as if he wasn't expecting this response after our kiss.

I don't even know if we could even stay as friends.

"I'm sorry." I said to him.

He took a deep breath as if my response was taking him awhile to take in. I wished that this awkwardness and barrier between us didn't have to exist.

I remembered the beautiful moments of our friendship since I was a child. They were only good memories now, and that's how they'll remain that way because I don't believe that our relationship will ever be the same again.

Our friendship has been ruined by lies and ambition. It stung my heart to know that "best friends forever" doesn't really exist.

"It's okay, I understand." he said softly.

Taking both my hands to his and gazing into my eyes intently, he said "Let me at least protect you from the dangers that will come into your life. I'd rather stay in your life and be your guardian angel than be nothing at all to you."

"You would never be just nothing to me." I interrupted him before he could say more. "You were my best friend and you've saved my life multiple times. Although our relationship didn't end well, we had a long history together as friends."

I paused because although I didn't want him to notice the fact that I was shaking. It hurt too much to say the next few words but I knew I had to.

"And that's how I would like us to stay; friends. It's how I'd like for you to be in my life. We can't be best friends like we were before. Because pretending that the lies you've told me never happened, is lying to myself that we can be the way we were before."

"I love you." Angelo said looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Give me a chance to make it up to you."

I shook my head and pulled my hands that were encased in his. "I love you too. But I learned to love myself to not allow myself to be heartbroken or disappointed again."

I wept. Large globs of salty tears streamed each side of my face creating one huge puddle under my chin when two salty drops united. I loved Angelo. It was one of the reasons why it was easier for me to choose him to save the world as well as the souls of the people I love.

I don't know what I'll do once I turn 18. In fact, the entire time these unfortunate events have been happening, I never knew what to do. I've always let Angelo or these unfortunate events decide how my life will go and solve the problems that face our way.

My thoughts were interrupted when Ted burst through the door in loss of breath. He was gasping for air before he managed to speak.

"Celeste, it's your father." he said.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"He's dead."

Numbness made its way from the back of my neck to my entire body. A knot formed in my throat and I couldn't speak when Ted flashed me a worried gaze.

Everything was a blur after I received the news. I found myself at the hospital with my mother and my friends standing over my father's body.

His expression remained peaceful like the last time I saw him. Crumbling to my knees, I let out a cry and sobbed next to his side. I held his cooling hands and willed myself to heal him or have him back to life but it was impossible.

I wasn't 18 yet and I don't have the healing powers the prophecy promised. I waited and waited only for nothing to happen. My father was still dead.

Sobbing harder, I cursed myself and my birthday that was coming soon in only a week.

My mother wept next to me. Her sobs caused her entire body to shake and I realized that this was the only time I've ever seen my mother show any emotion the past few weeks since my father was hospitalized.

Even in his very last breath he wanted to save my life as the Bridal Fruit even if he turned to the wrong person. I sat on the hospital bed and took him to my arms. My friends left to give me and my mother some privacy.

As my cries subsided, I finally realized that my father couldn't have died so easily because his soul was tied to someone else; Daemon. 

Thank you so much for your support guys! :) I'll be updating more this week before Christmas Eve!!!!! Please don't forget to comment and vote guys, it really helps me rank in Paranormal :)