27. Savior

Hi everyone! Happy Labor Day! Here's another chapter of Enamored as promised! I hope you guys enjoy!

Song: Gangsta x Kehlani

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My heart fluttered when I saw Daemon's handsome face. I didn't know what this feeling was until I finally admitted to myself that I've never been more happier to see him. Surprised by this newfound feeling, all I could say was his name.

"Daemon," I said as I stared fearfully at Minerva's dismembered bloody arm and the fury she wore on her face.

"I should've known it was you..." she told Daemon her eyes struggling to remain open from the loss of blood.

"It has always been me." he said with a mischievous grin before he raised a long finger that emitted tendrils of dark smoke that made their way towards Minerva, choking her. Soon, her eyes began to tear. However, instead of clear salty tears, crimson angry blood dribbled from her tear ducts.

She was suffering and although she tried to kill me, she didn't deserve to die like this.

"Daemon," I said as I shook his arm. His clear blue eyes were gone. Instead, his eyes were void of any color and the corners of his lips were twisted into an evil smile. He was enjoying seeing Minerva suffer.

"Daemon please," I tried again as I faced him and avoided the tendrils of smoke. "Let's go home." I whispered touching his stone cold cheek gingerly.

The darkness that covered his hypnotic blue eyes ceased and as if waking from a trance, Daemon blinked slowly. His evil smile disappeared and instead was replaced with confusion.

"Home?" he questioned as if it was a foreign word he has never uttered before.

"Yes, home." I said grabbing the sides of his face. "Please don't kill her, it's not worth it." I begged him as Minerva's struggling noises to live continued.

"She hurt you." Daemon said simply, his face hardening once more.

"She didn't, Daemon. I'm fine right now, see?" I assured him. He looked skeptical at first yet slowly but surely, his hand came to his side, releasing Minerva from her suffering.

She took lungfuls of air before she passed out on her side, still clutching her torn arm.

"Come on, Daemon. Let's find Ted, Daniel, and Brittany." I said pulling at his wrist. He followed me down the hallway. I stopped in my tracks causing Daemon to crash into me when members of Medio Terrae blocked our only way out. Instead of the scythes that they usually have in their leather gloved hands, they held up three large flashlights that blinded me and Daemon.

I turned around to see if we could run the other way around but more of the members held up the same large flashlights as the ones in front of us.

"You won't be able to leave this mansion with the Bridal Fruit, demon." Scar Face spoke.

"Humans really are foolish," Daemon laughed, "Do you really think some measly lights can defeat me?" he said.

Scar Face glowered at Daemon's remark before snapping his fingers. The members of Medio Terrae brought Daniel, Ted, and Brittany who were gagged and their hands were tied behind their backs.

"Try anything, and his brains will be splattered all over the floor." He growled as he pointed a gun to Ted's head.

My heart skipped a beat when the gun was pushed closer to Ted's temple. His sobs were muffled from the gag while tears fell from his red rimmed eyes. The back of my hand collided with Daemon's sending sparks from where our skin touched.

Daemon took my hand into his and squeezed it as if to give me reassurance. "Well, if you do, his brains won't be the only thing you'll be cleaning up after." Daemon placed a finger on his chin with a knowing look. "I didn't know Minerva could bleed that much."

Scar Face's eyes widened when it dawned to him what Daemon meant. He took a step back, dropping the gun slightly which caused his body to cover one of the gigantic flashlights.

His body casted a shadow causing Daemon to take advantage of the opportunity to pull me against his chest while his hand rested on the back of my head.

Daemon swept his hand across the room where tendrils of black smoke crept their way to the members of Medio Terrae. Whatever this smoke was doing, it was causing the members tremendous pain when they fell to their knees as they clutched at their throats. Some of them began to have nosebleeds and started to cough out blood. The gigantic flashlights fell from their hands with a loud crash as more members of the group dropped to the floor like flies.

"Close your eyes, Celeste." Daemon murmured softly to me his warm breath blowing softly against my forehead.

"I don't want to," I said fearing of what he would do or where he would bring me to as the cloud of smoke he created wrapped around us like a cocoon.

"Trust me," he said his voice clear and certain.

And just with those two simple words, I shut my eyes and allowed him to take me away.

I apologize for the really short chapter! What do you guys think of Daemon saving Celeste instead of Angelo? Thank you so much for reading and please don't forget to vote and comment!

~Angelique <3