Chapter 19:

I busted in the room, making the door hit the wall loud Thud. Mani jumped out her sleep and sat up staring at me with scared eyes. She calm down a little but the look on her face didn't change.

"M.J I-"

"Shut the fuck up Mani." she jumped surprised at my tone of voice.

"What the fuck were you think Imani? You have any idea how I would have felt if my best friend would have died because of an overdose? Mani what the fuck were you thinking? WHAT THE FUCK MANI!?" I wasn't trying to make her feel bad but I had some shit to get off my chest.

I looked down with my fist clenched.

"I walked in your house screaming your name only to be met by silence. Instantly thinking the worst I ran around looking for you. When I found you, you know what went through my head? HUH!?" By now we were both crying.

"That this shit was my fault. My fault that I wasn't there to stop you. My fault that stop talking to you. My fault you didn't trust me."

"NO!-"

"I'm fucking talking." I said raising my eyes to look at her but not my head. This would be the first time Mani saw me cry.

"M.J I'm so-" I ignored her a kept talking.

"They told me that you died... I felt like my world ended as soon as the words 'I'm sorry' left that doctors mouth. I couldn't believe that my sister left me.... She left me without letting me make thing right Like I was planning to when I got to your house."

She gasped and cried harder.

"I rushed up here to see you. I wouldn't let anybody follow my up here. I needed time with you to myself. I wasn't thinking straight. I was barely thinking at all.

All I knew was that my best friend was here dead because of me on my watch because I could've ran faster or drove faster or got to you sooner instead of being a bitch and sitting outside your house for 5 minutes. They said you were dead but I wouldn't believe it, I wouldn't allow it. I had to bring you back and everything could be good again. Everything could go back to normal with us."

I walked over to her bed and sat on the edge of bed without looking at her.

"I'm sorry Mani... I'm sorry for anything I did to make you think that your last option was to take your life. I'm sorry for making you not trust me. I'm sorry for not coming to you sooner. I'm so sorry Mani...." I sat there and wiped my tears away but didn't turn to look at her.

"You don't h-have anything to b-be sorry for.." she struggled to say through her tears.

"It wasn't you M.J it was m-me.. It was all me" She said crying harder

I finally look over to her to see her brawling in her hands. I went over and just hugged her. I held her like she was going to vanish if I let go.

"I'm suppose to be the one tr-trying to make things right. I-I'm the one who's in the wrong. I just thought that you wouldn't t-talk to me." she hiccuped at the end. I let her go so she could lay in my lap while I played in her hair, like we used to when ever one had a problem and needed to vent.

Who ever had the problem would lay in the others lap while getting her hair played in.

"I'm so sorry for not trusting you M.J, I don't know why I did what I did it's just.. What Jamie was saying was making some sense at the time. I just wanted to know where you were."

"I broke up with him.." I said fast hopping she didn't hear what I said.

"What!?" she exclaimed sitting up quickly almost hitting her head on my chin.

"What? M.J Wha- Why would you do that?" she angry

"He didn't trust me. What's a relationship without trust?"

"No No No No No No No... You weren't suppose to break up with him. You love him M.J. You love him more than you would ever admit. You can't just quit on your relationship because of one thing."

"But he didn't even trust me with Todd when I was telling him that you liked him-"

"YOU WHAT!? I TOLD YOU NOT TO!" she screeched

"Y'all together now aren't you?" I asked her she blushed looking down at her fingers. "Exactly, but he liked you anyway so the set up wasn't even that hard. I just had to make him wait to ask you out to make it not look suspicious."

She looked up at me with sad eyes. "I'm really sorry M.J you do a lot of stuff for me so I don't have to worry about much and I betray you."

"Mani I forgave you already. Can we stop talking about it and get back to normal?"

She gave me a small smile and nodded looking back down at her hands.

"J.B is alive.." I blurted out.

Sorry if it's short...✌💚