Chapter 5

~~~~~~~~3 YEARS LATER~~~~~~~~~ Maxon's POV

I'm so tired. I can't ever sleep. I feel like a zombie everyday I don't even know why. I'm always in my office I don't ever leave. I have maids bring me dinner, but the worst of all is I'm never tired. You'd think I would eventually yawn or take a nap or something. Nope. Maybe I'm thinking too much I hope I am. That's it I'm going to try and sleep tonight.

I get up and push my chair back in and walk to my kings suite. It was the king and queen suite but Kriss said it would be foolish to share the same room. I've never even had sex. She said for the first couple of months she's not ready but I've known her for four years now she should be ready. Soon I'm going to need an heir and if she can't do that she shouldn't have signed up.

As I'm walking I see pictures of my father, mother and me smiling it almost feels like I betrayed my mother in a way, because I was never really happy, just only what father wanted me to act and he would be happy.

After the selection Kriss started fading away from me. Not going to dinner or dates, and she's best friends with Sylvia's husband Connor from before the wedding. Eventually when she stopped caring I stopped to. As I turned a corner to the Kings suite I heard a moan. Then I heard a female voice I recognized.

"More. I need more." I knew that voice hell I married that voice but it hit me like a storm that can't be what I think it is she's so innocent. Just to prove I was wrong I turned the corner and I saw the impossible. Kriss was held against a bathroom door while Silvia's husband Connor stick two fingers into Kriss.

"What's going on here." I boomed. Not believing what I just saw. Kriss looked at me and sank to the floor. Connor took his finger out and quickly scurried away thinking he wasn't seen. I knew it Kriss was always buddy buddy with Sylvia's husband but I never would've guessed she would lose herself to him, instead of her husband.

"Maxon it's not what it looks like. He was hugging me I swear. I love you. You know that. You believe me right cmon we can work this out, I mean we love each other and this can work and I didn't do anything wrong I'm still a virgin Maxon I swear I love you." Kriss said begging and pleading me. Her mascara running down her face. She was scared and upset probably because I caught her.

"Do you? Do you really love me after all this time. If you love me than why do you say you won't sleep with me because you're not ready, but sleep with him." I angrily yelled.

"I didn't. I told you I didn't I swear." Kriss said. Pleading silently with her eyes almost pleading for me not divorce her.

"I'll check the tapes if you're lying you're going to jail." I warned her she gulped like she knew what she did was wrong probably not I walked away and Ieft.

||~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~||~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~||~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~|~~~~~~~|||~

I had a maid gather the tapes recorded from last week until now and I was right. Almost every night of the week Kriss saw Connor and they fucked. God I trusted her. She was so innocent. And here she told me she wasn't ready. Was it me? Was I not a gentleman enough? I'm so mad I can't even think straight calm Maxon I tell myself until I calm down I think straight.

I don't know anything I can do. Shit what do I do now. Before I think of anything I call Sylvia in and tell her what happened.i bet she's heartbroken to find her husband keeping my wife's bed warm.

"Your majesty I'm so sorry don't worry about me though I'm going to do research and find you the solution to find a wife and heir. I'm going to make you happy." She says walking out I have to give it to her she's confident, she has a lot more than me.

The next day Sylvia walks in

"Your majesty it says if the ruler is still I early or late twenties he is to have an elite selection with the same ladies if enough single. I looked up all the single ladies in the selection and there is 6 just enough. There's Lady Celeste, Lady Anna, Lady Ashley, Lady Fiona, Lady Natalie, and Lady America." (All names from selection) She said quiet almost to herself. One name stands out shockingly America she was going to be Kriss's maid of honor but after she arrived at the palace something happened and she went home.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am so sorry I've failed you all as an author I'm re-writing all my stories with a slight change I'm having America in Broadway instead of ice skating. He's been with Kriss for 3 years because America is finishing college when she goes back. Americas roommates with Celeste in college she went to the same college as Celeste. America doesn't get in an abusive relationship.

Tell me if I should add a drinking and drug problem from America because she didn't have maxon after he chose Kriss if she did she would be better now but cautious towards it. I will update more thank you