Chapter 9

I woke up to a light fan on my neck. Then memories flash into my head. Maxon taking off my dress needing his skin against mine. Kissing down my neck. Me running my fingers through his long blonde streaks of hair. It hits me hard. I can't believe we did it. I always thought I would wait, but I don't regret it. I turn around with his arms still around my stomach and I look at him. He looks so peaceful, he has bed head like crazy and he looks like he wasn't slept in months but he still remains handsome to me. I have to talk to Natalie, well I don't have to but I should. I need to know why. It makes no sense why she would tell all of illea. Do I do something that made her mad at me or just did she not know it would hurt me? I sigh, and try to pry his arms off me, but he has a firm grip. He loosens his grip but he doesn't wake up. That's a good sign. 

      I get up, change into a dress, take my anti-depression pill, and leave to talk to Natalie. I'm not gonna lie I was sore. I thought I would be considering maxon was cough 'big' cough. I walk into the woman's room and Celeste walks up to me. 

"Hey are you okay?" She asks sincerity in her voice but obviously not trying to pry. She's on of my best friends. She must feel bad since I practically pushed her away yesterday.

"Yeah I'm fine where's Natalie?" I ask casually.

"Maxon sent her home last night didn't he tell you?" She says curiously. What Maxon sent her home?

"No I didn't." I whisper shocked.

"Yeah well after everyone did there projects Maxon asked her to leave and she yelled to everyone that she would make a better queen than anyone else, and then she slapped Maxon and left." She says clearing it up for me. Maxon stood up for me. That's so sweet. Then that would make sense considering he arrived at my room later.

"I got to go but I'm hear for you okay?" Celeste says lifting her eyebrows in question. I nod she she leaves the room. When I go down the hall I hear whispers coming from some of the maids. Once they see me they retreat and go away.

      During breakfast I eat in silence not looking at anyone. Elise and Ashley are talking about me and I get tired of it. I turn to them.

"If you have something to say say it to me." I said standing my ground I wasn't going to have them telling everyone everything that's not true. They stop talking and eat in silence. Maxon comes in 5 minutes late and tells us to sit. I continue to sit. I know why he's late it's because of me. I hope he's not mad. He isn't eating. I can almost feel his stare. When I look up he tugs his ear. I can't resist him I tug mine. He smiles and finally starts to eat.

      After breakfast Maxon comes to the room right next to the great room and pulls me into a hug. It feels good so I hug him back until he pulls away.

"What's wrong you didn't seem happy at breakfast?" He asks questioningly. I don't look him in the eyes knowing if I do I'll cry. He turns my head to meet eye level with his.

"The girls they just assumed things and I just can't stand it when people talk about me." I say he wipes the tear sliding down my cheek and kisses me.

"Don't worry about what they say you know the truth and I know it." He says looking me in my eyes searching for something. I hug him again. 

"Let's go on a date for today just the two of us." He says trying to improve my mood. I won't say no I know how much I never get to see him so I nod. He smiles grabs my hand and we start to walk.

"I have the perfect day planned he says. Walking me toward the garden. Arm in arm.