Chapter 11

Americas POV

      Maxon's been distant lately. I don't know why. After I returned to my room that night he's been acting really weird. It's like he doesn't want to be around me. I keep wondering if it's something I said, but if it was I thought he would at least say something about it. 

Flashback

We were laying on my bed both awake, and it was morning. The kind of morning when you feel actually awake, and ready to take on whatever holds you, kinda like when you wake up completely motivated to handle life.

"Hey, where are you going." Maxon asks when I get out of his arms and walk toward my vanity with a sheet covering me. He always wakes up with crazy bed head and it's sexy, I'm not gonna lie. 

"Come on we have to get ready for breakfast." I say and I grab my anti depressiant pills on the counter and open them up. I feel Maxon's hands as my waist and he pulls me to him. 

"What are those?" He asks, over my shoulder.

"Anti-Depressiant." I say. And he sighs. Wait why did he sigh. 

"I better go get ready." He says turning me facing his chest and pecks me on the lips abrubtly leaving. 

Flashback over.

Now I'm sitting in my room wondering if it was the pills. Then I realized if he doesn't want to be with me because I was depressed then he should find someone else to be with. He hasn't said one word this week to me. All week. Even my body needs him.

.......................................................

Maxon's POV

Ever since I found out about her hurting herself that night, I knew I would do whatever it would take to get her back, and to protect her. I love her so much I didn't realize it until I found out. She's the one I need to marry. It hurt me so much to know that I hurt her. That I did that to her. That night when we... Well you know. It was amazing. I never thought I would ever loose my virginity because Kriss didn't want too, but what we did was. Incredible. After that every time we would go on a date it would always end up the same. I mean I know she likes it and all but, I don't want to seem like a sex crazed boyfriend. What am I talking about she isn't even my girlfriend. I'd like her to be, scratch that love, but I have other girls in the selection that I at least need to go on dates with. As much as that sucks.  

When I get to breakfast I look at America and she tugs her ear and smiles like she's trying to read my expression. I tug mine back and smile. Everyone slowly leaves, and eventaully I find myself at Americas door. I open it and she confronts me.

"Is it because I had depression? Because If it is I'm not going to apologize because it's a part of who I was and if you can't except that." I stop her by kissing her. She kissed back and then I pulled away.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her in a calm voice.

"You've been avoiding me all week, and you haven't said one word to me all week." She whispered.

"Look I've just really been busy. It has nothing to do with the fact that you had depression." I said to her and she nodded. I hugged her and kissed her.

"I'm sorry but I have work to do?" I said then left. Man I hate more than anything lying to her. It's just I need her to trust me if this plan was gonna work.