Chapter 13

Maxon's POV

      I did it. I proposed! The best part is she said yes. I was waiting for the moment when she was ready, but when she wasn't afraid to tell me about how she had depression, I realized she's ready. I still can't believe she said yes. I've waited so long to call her America Schreave now that soon I'll get to call her that, it makes me the luckiest guy on this planet.

      Last night was wild. It's like it was incredible the first time we made love, but yesterday it was unbelievable. It's weird three months ago I never thought I would lose my virginity because Kriss said no but now I lost it to the love of my life. 

      This morning I left her a note saying I had to go to a meeting and, I told her I see her at breakfast, but she had other plans. I hear a click like someone was to open a door, but everyone knocks first. Then America comes in and when I go to meet her in front of my desk she kisses me. I feel my hands grip her waist, her tongue wrestling with mine mmm. I move her to my desk and grab her legs around my waist and move them on top of my desk. She moans. God how can I marry her when all we do is have sex. She kisses down my neck. God this feels so good. Wait we have to stop I can't do this here with her. She deserves a bed, not a desk, And defiantly not an office. I pull away and grab her hands gently kissing them, then I flip her hands over and kiss the scars on her wrist showing. 

"I thought I wouldn't see you until breakfast?" I asked her. She smiled.

"I didn't think I'd see you either, but I have news, and I don't know if you'll like it." She said and I looked her in the eyes. What did she want to tell me?

"What is it? I'll try my hardest not to be mad I promise. You can tell me anything." I whisper in her ear, and she blurts out words I've wanted to hear my entire life.

"I'm pregnant." She said and my hands tracing her scars stopped. I could hear my heart beating so loud, oh how long I've waited to hear those words from the woman I love. I don't say anything but I feel my eyes water. I get down to my knees and put my head to Americas stomach my ear pressing into it. One of my hands rubs her lower stomach while the other holds her close.  My flesh. Part of me. I'm going to be a father. My eyes still have hater on them, but I'm not crying. 

"Maxon?" America asks quietly. I let go of the stomach and get off my knees, grabbing her waist. I put my forehead to hers.

"I love you." I whisper to her.

"More than anything." She looks me in the eyes her eyes watering too.

"I love you too Maxon." She whispers.