Chapter 15

Maxon's POV

I'm so pissed. My America. The sweet, innocent, compassionate America, doesn't back me up. I'm practically her husband and she doesn't even support my decisions. This has gone too far. My father who was in jail, pleaded and begged to MY America just hoping that she would let him out, and when I told her not to she secretly went behind my back and let him out anyway. I told her I was mad and that he used to whip me, and she didn't even care. I made it pretty clear earlier I was mad.

Flashback

"How could you? I told you I wanted nothing to do with him and you went behind my back and did the one thing I asked you not too. We're going to be married. Do you know what that means? Do you really want to start this relationship based on lies?" I'm infuriated she did this to me.

"Maxon. He's your father. He told me he was sorry for hurting you and he has had people help him, if you could just give him a." She started but I cut her off.

"No. He whipped me my whole life America. I've dealt with it and just when I was feeling like I had something right in my life without him you go and bring him back when you knew I told you not too. God it would've been easier if I was still married to Kriss. At least she didn't go behind my back." I yelled. She came and grabbed my arm trying to get me to not leave just before I was about to walk out of the room.

"Don't." I angrily said through gritted teeth and she pulled away and flinched, and I left god why did I leave she's scared of me.

What did I do?

America's POV

After Maxon stormed out of the room I got in a ball and cried. Maxon was right. I betrayed him. He should've stayed with Kriss at least then he wouldn't have to deal with me as a wife. I hear a knock on the door, and I open it to find King clarkson evilly grinning. 

"Let's talk shall we?" He asks I was just about to walk outside the room when he grabs my hair and drags me into a safe room, and locks it. He Pushes me to the ground. he takes his belt off and I gasp I know what's about to happen. He going to whip me. He told me earlier that he was seing councilers and shrinks about abusing people. Why? He ties my hands to a hook bolted to the wall. And unzips my dress. Oh god Maxon was right. I hope this doesn't kill the babies. It's only my back not my stomach. He runs his fingers over my bare back.

"So smooth. No scars. I'll fix that." He whispers. And I shiver he's scaring me.

He doesn't make a sound for a minute until I feel pain on my back along with a sound. Oh god Maxon had to deal with this all the time. There's another and another and another until I black out and when I wake up I can only see cracks of light in a pitch black room. When my eyes focus I'm in the same room but the kind left. I'm untied and my dress is on but I feel blood seeping through my dress. And I'm in a pile of my own blood.

I grab onto stuff trying to pull my way out. It hurts so bad. The blood makes a path wherever I go. I'm on the floor and I can't seem to think correctly. I can't stand up so I'm on my back where the pain is and I'm in so much pain . I keep pulling and no one is anywhere. No guards no maids nobody's here. Huh weird. I keep going until I get to an elevator that takes me to the floor of the  hospital wing. When I hear the doors open I am laying in another pool of my own blood. My eyes are open but I can't see anything.

"Oh god we found her get the king." Someone says and I black out.

Flashback

"I was wrong. I realize my mistakes, I was never good to dad I want to tell you something." Kota says smiling." I haven't seen him in forever and he tells me this why?

"What?" I ask.

"I'm going to join the army." He says smiling. Not him too.

"What. No you can't I can't loose you too. You know what no. I won't let you go your my brother why?" I ask tears flowing like a river he's never wanted anything why would he want to go to the army to die.

"I've never cared about dad or anyone and I've heard stories about how people die in war but I realized something I want to help I regret everyday how I treated dad, and if I could fix that..."

Three hours later

"Kenna we have to convince Kota not to go to war if he goes to new Aisa he'll die." I tell her almost crying.

"Are you sure you want to talk him out of this, I think it's great he's saving lives and risking his own for that." She says. What?

"You don't get it if he dies who are we gonna dies." I say getting upset.

"Your right I don't get it." She says leaving me alone.

Flashback over