Chapter 1

I wake up to the alarm ringing next to me on the side table and as I get a hold, its shows 6:30am and soon I realise that I have an important meeting to attend at 8:00am. I rushed to the washroom to get myself a shower and freshen up after not a very eventful last night.

I have to take a quick shower cause usually I like taking a lot more time bathing. I wrap a towel to my waist and go to my closet to select a decent dress for the meeting. I quickly wear a light blue shirt and Navy Blue dress pants and a coat with black tie to give a contrast to my look. I am very bad in tying a tie or for that matter any string or threads like shoes, knots etc. Still I manage to get a hold of it and as I look in the watch it was already 7:10 am. I comb my hair and go down the stairs to the dinning room where my mom is setting up breakfast table.

"Hi Ma"

"Hi Beta", she says

"Ma, I have important meeting at 8 so please give me something to eat fast or I will just go, Empty stomach.." Emotional blackmailing always works, especially with mothers. At least in my case it does.

"No wait I just made a peanut spread sandwich just have it and I will send you something so that you eat it in car or at office."

"Ok.."

Mom calls our cook Harry to pack me lunch and take it to my car.
I eat as soon as I can and then gives Maa a hug and runs out of my home.

"Shaam can you please quicken up today as I am already late for the meeting. Just hurry up."
I tell my driver so that we reach office on time.

I work as an executive manager at DeDoras Company well I dont like to mention it as my company, though my father is the CEO. Its a famous housing firm which sells properties and do lot of marketing, designing and auditing. They have lot of branches across the country and abroad especially in UK and UAE. I have been working for our own business soon after I graduated from university with a Master's degree in Business Administration. Our family have a good reputation in becoming successful businessmen and so I had to follow the tradition.

On my way to the office, I give a final look to my presentation and make note of all the work which I need to do for the meeting. As we reach, I hurried towards the 50 storey building in the posh region at Juhu, Mumbai.

As soon as I enter inside from no where I get a sudden bang from someone and before I could realize all my file paper got splattered around mixed with the papers of the other person. I felt so angry and was about to curse him but then to my notice that the someone I banged to was a girl and she looks extremely apologetic for rushing without seeing.  So I controlled myself and decided to not yell at her as I need to keep my reputation in my office ground floor where all commoners will assume me to be harsh on a girl who is already sorry. 

"I'm so Sorry... I just didnt see you coming, I gotta rush for my appointment." She said and picks up her paper and files to leave.

Soon I took rest of my stuffs and go to the elevator and clicked for 18th floor of our towers. I climbed off the lift and enters my office peripherals where all my colleagues greet me and I walk start to my cabin, calling my Secretary inside.

Anamika- my secretary, she is a fine young woman nearing her mid 20s.

"May I come in Sir," she says

"Yes, Anamika please tell me what is the progress with the meeting at 8 as its already 7:45 am"

"Sir, everything is ready and the meeting hall is set just as you said and our stakeholders and even the CEO will be coming any time now. It will be nice if you just go early and your team should be settled there before the others come," she suggested

"Okay that shall be fine but tell me, have all our team mates already here cause I don't want anyone missing from the meeting or entering after 8. You know I hate latecomers."

"Yes Sir all are here except.." she hesitates

"Who??"

"Aman Sir.."

"Oh--"

Aman is my best friend and he is unfortunately my colleague. He is someone I consider like a brother and is very close to. We have known each other since childhood, studied together, know each other from in and out. He is someone who knows me so well that with out me telling he understands and comes by side. I owe alot to him in life.

"Its alright Anamika, i will be in the meeting room now and will check on Aman you can leave." I tell her politely trying my best to stay clam.

"Oh and also take this file arrange everything in order as.." (I just banged into a girl who Messed up everything, thinking to myself)

"Sir.. As.." she asks

"Nothing, its non of your business. Just do as I say am coming now."

She leaves closing the door behind.

As I reach the room all my people came and greet me.

"All of you know how important any project is to me and I want this meeting to be successful before the bosses and partners."

"Am I clear."

"Yes Sir," all say in chorus

I quickly call Aman to know where the hell is he and its important he is part of the meeting and moreover I want him by my side for my moral support, which i wont confess but is required each time I do something Big.

"Hello Mister, where are you and when are planning to come here?" I ask as he pick my call.

"Hey.. sorry dude I am just coming, just wait .. I got busy with some work so coming shortly," he says

"Just come fast..meeting is about to start, you know I hate late comers, its unprofessional of you. "

I disconnects the call and put my usb in laptop.

Please guys, this is the very 1st part of my story. Hope you like it and would continue reading and supporting me. It might have lots of mistakes esp with grammar and punctuations but trust me I will improve and read the next few chaps as well. I would like to know your views, ideas, criticism for my work. Do comment for letting me know about it.

Like, Comment and Share for this story.