Chapter 42

Rudra's POV

I totally forgot about the ball party. I came along with Janvi for this unplanned, unexpected dinner. Janvi looks really excited about all this as she kept saying again and again;

"I never thought we would be having dinner together in London."

I just kept listening to her as we drive.

"Its been 2 years right?" She asks, making me remember the last time when one day after consuming lot of alcohol I ran away from home and took a flight to London just because I wanted to meet Sapna. I was so stupid back then. I wanted to meet and sort our difference out. I thought we could talk and everything will become just the way it was before. But then that was the last time I did something like that for a girl who never really loved me. May be?

"Stop stop." Janvi brings me back from my thoughts and I quickly apply brakes.

"What happened?" I said loudly as she freaked me out.

"Lets go here na. I really wanted to go here."

Janvi makes a cute face and I can see how her eyes glitter seeing this place. It was a resort called Mariana, famous for it Italian live food cooking with amazing lake view. I remember how Sapna also wanted to come here since the time she heard about its opening back in 2012. Damn, why is Janvi doing all this which is only reminding me about her.

"Janvi, we arnt going here. You understand me." I glared at her.

"Rudra but why? We never came here before, right? So why can't we go?" She replied sadly.

"Yes because--" I stopped mid sentence thinking how will Janvi know what Sapna wanted.

"Rudra please na. Lets go." she held my hand, requesting me so bad. She surely wants to go here. I sigh and replied with zero interest.

"Okay lets go but this is the last time am allowing you to take advantage of my calmness. You know I hate listening to such stupid wishes."

"Yes, I know that but you see, am Special right." She winked and quickly opened the door and walked towards the resort making me feel weird about everything thats happening.

The moment we enter and get a table, Janvi with full excitement went to order food for us. I look at this romantically designed place for every couple to visit. I hated coming to such fancy places, why did I agree to Janvi? Suddenly I start thinking about Parvati, her face just pops in my head. I remember her writing, her diary which she writes is still with me and I have read it. Parvati doesn't really like me though, its clearly visible in her poems. Her poetry about me 'Arrogance Surged' and 'Rancor Action' just shows how much she dislikes me but there were 3 untitled writings which showed her love and feelings. I don't really get them but who was she talking about in them. Her every poetry is dedicated to people in her life and how she feels about them at certain point in time whether it be about her losing her parents, her current family and friends but her poem's on love doesn't really have a specification to who she is directing them to.

Suddenly it catches me, day after tomorrow its Parvati's birthday. I remember seeing it on her diary and thats why she hated coming here for work when its her birthday coming up. I was thinking about Parvati when Janvi came and asked me for a dance. I didn't really understand what is she asking until I saw her hand offering me for a dance. I look at her to decide what to do, when my cell starts ringing and I immediately pick it without a thought. Janvi kind off felt let down and she turned the other side as I get informed about the party by Aman which I conveniently forgot in my frustration.

"Shit..am coming in 30mins alright." I disconnect the call as Janvi turn to look at me with confusion when I ask her to quickly go from here. Though she was reluctant to go first, I promised to bring her back here soon but my presence there is important. I need to have an eye on Viraaj and his cheap thrills. I have to be around Parvati, what if she gets scared or intimidated by others. I drive as fast as I can, following the road rules to get back to the hotel. Janvi kept asking me about my urgency but I just tell her about the party back in the hotel and that I am late to attend that. She didnt like me for not missing a mere party but gladly kept quiet as she probably know what my reaction would be if she say something that I dont appreciate.