A Stranger In My Dish

Jerome's POV

"I just want you to act like a normal baca and be natural, this should only take a week alright?" Mat said as he threw another fish at me, we were in Mitch's backyard and I had already eaten four fishes.

"Act natural....okay tin man" I muttered, licking my muzzle over. My nose twitched as I felt a leaf fall onto my head and looked up to see a man in what seemed to be a blue sweater. I growled at him, my claws coming out as I climbed up.

"Woah! M-Mat! Call it off! Call it off!" He cried out and pulled out a sharp object like Mitch had done when I made my appearance to him known.

"Jerome" I was an inch away from clawing his throat out but jumped down and was greeted by the fish Matt had.

"Immune to jumping from massive heights, impressive" Mat said and patted my head while I lowly growled at the Man who climbed down.

"Is he trained?" He asked, putting the object away and sitting on the ground. I looked up at Mat who was busy writing things down and slowly went over to him, as soon as I was in reach the man brought up his hand and I smelt it. He smelled like nothing but flowers causing me to sneeze.

"Geez what did you do? Roll around in flowers all day?" I growled, sitting like him and wiping my nose until the scent went away.

"....He talks..." I shook my fur and padded around him, curious to what he was.

"Human language? Yes, not well but is good at understanding" I muttered, now sniffing his hair which smelled like strawberries.

"Ma-Oh Hey Rob, I see you've met Jerome" I perked up and yipped my way over to Mitch who wore his natural cloth along with his checkered sweater.

"I never knew you had a pet....much less one that could speak..." The last part he muttered under his breath. I purred and rubbed myself against his leg.

"I'm no pet" I yawned but purred even more as Mitch scratched my head.

"...He's a crafter then? Why is he naked?" Rob asked, standing up and folding his arms. I stood up as he did and slowly walked over to him, circling around him and settled with my nose buried in his hair.

"I guess so..." Mitch muttered.

"Can I test his strength? Well...Jerome may I test your strength?" I sighed and dropped down to all fours again and walked over to Mat.

"As in fight for supremacy? Yes" I answered back, padding away and getting into a defensive crouch.

"Woah, not against me, um...Mitch?" I looked to my mate who shrugged and pulled out the object like Rob's"

"I gue-"

"I refuse to hurt mate" I mumbled, sitting down now and licked my shoulder.

"Mate?! When was this Mitch??" Rob yelled and went to jump on Mitch but I tackled him midair and pinned him, growling and snarling in his face.

"Jerome! No! Bad come here now!" I stopped and looked at Mitch.

"Why are you calling me like I am some type of animal?" I asked, not budging from my spot.

"Be-Because you are one! Now get over here!" A pang in my heart made me get off of Rob but I didn't dare get close to Mitch, he let me mark him so he was technically my mate, any baca would smell me on him, but they weren't baca's, I was, so maybe I should just-

"Jerome?" Mitch called out, I had backed up into the tree and made my decision, I climbed it up and didn't come down, no matter how much they called. I stayed up there, moved further up when they tried to climb, hid in the leaves when Mat had basically flew up.

If I truly was just and animal that could talk like humans and walk like them, then why was I among them in the first place?

There was this rage inside of me as I watched the sun set, but there was also this sorrow.

Was I an animal? Because I certainly wasn't a human..

My nose twitched as I smelled the faint oder of fish, I poked my head out to see Mitch putting a bowl down with a few before looking up and walking back inside.

Even the smell of fish made me sick now, I softly whimpered as I stared at my paws. I was never going to belong here, or anywhere. Not even back with my tribe.

I sighed as I started my climb back down, except I didn't eat the fish, no, I didn't know what to do with myself. I was an animal with human tributes. An alien in this world.

I just sighed and stood up, going to the door and opening it, finding Mitch sleeping on the couch. I slowly walked towards the bathroom, closing the door and turning it on.

A silent vow to make myself better as I stepped in.

I'd wash away this pelt and become a new being, one that wouldn't stand out, and one that didn't stink either.

I'd be me.