A Pang In My Heart

Mitch's POV

I woke with a start as I heard the shower go off and I nearly fell off of the couch.

Jerome came out a minute later, a towel around his waist while he had another drying his head. I blinked at him, he'd usually just shake himself off, He poked his head out and looked at me. But before I could talk he cut me off,

"I want to be....I want...to be like you...but as me" He murmured, I frowned softly and got up, walked over to him, and hugged him.

"I'm sorry I said it...but, the way you are...the way you identify as, I can't face the guys..." I muttered into his chest.

"...Then...I will revoke the bite...and you will no longer be my mate..." Jerome said with a sigh, my hand immediately went to the spot he last bit me, my heart ached.

"Jerome....I didn't mean that-I" A blush formed on my cheeks.

"I don't mind..." He patted my head hesitantly.

"But...the tin man and Rob? Aren't I just an animal?" I hugged him even tighter, now looking up at him.

"Jerome no...you're just...your species is an animal but you aren't..." I said with a small smile, Jerome didn't smile back he only blinked.

"Then what am I Mitch?" He whispered, my throat tightened and I looked anywhere except for his eyes.

"I don't know...You're just you, an animal who managed to evolve into...This" I gestured to all of him.

"Is this bad?" He asked, tilting his head. I shook mine.

"Not by a long shot biggums"

"Biggums...?" I nodded my head and pulled him into my room, the new bed would be here tomorrow so I set up an air mattress.

"Yep, you're my biggums" Jerome smiled if only a little.

"And you're my mate...biggums" He laughed lightly and pressed his forehead against mine. Another blush grew, heating me up in an uncomfortable manner.

"Um...do you want to try clothes? I-I mean, since your practically naked uh...boxers!" I yelped as I went into my dresser and pulled out a new pack, opening it and handing Jerome a pair.

"Purpose?" He asked, holding them by the finger and looking at me.

"Well they cover your junk" I looked to his crotch only to find fur, "just put them on" Jerome continued to look at me and I sighed.

"Um...like this, but backwards" I took off my pants. Jerome did as I instructed except put the boxers on as I undressed myself and threw on a tank top before climbing into bed.

"Biggums? Is it okay to share resting area with you? Without the mating I mean.." Jerome muttered rubbing the back of his head. I nodded and patted to the spot next to me.

"Goodnight Jerome" I said as I laid on his chest like usual, He wrapped a hand around me and gave a low grumble.

"Night"

Jerome's POV

I cried that night, so many emotions flowed through me.

Confusion.
Anger.
Sorrow.
Jealousy.
Loneliness.

It was weird to feel those things, back in the tribe, there would be times where I cried but that was before I became a delta.

Now I'm just a youngling in this world, I was better off acting like a pet.

No.

I was better off back at the dome thing.

I was better off dead, it shouldn't have been me.

I shouldn't have been captured.

I shouldn't have met Mitch.

I shouldn't have survived...

*flashback*

"Inject the first serum" I remembered the pain as it went up my spine, my bones shifted as I screamed in my water prison. I cried out, growled even. Glaring at the men as pain jerked my soul.

"Number two.." As if it wasn't bad enough I yanked at the chains around my wrists and thrashed as fire erupted in every part of my body. I was livid, I kept growling and snarling as I looked to the man calling them out and I made a vow to kill him with my bare hands.

"Sir, he's becoming unstable" Damn straight I was, I would bathe in his blood and kill the rest of them too.

"Doesn't matter, three more and we'll continue tomorrow" I yelled out and the water shook around me as an unusual amount of pain swept over me. Everything hurted and everything burned. I remembered how I thrashed until I lost consciousness, I remembered how they continued the next day, but each day for a week hurt worse than the day before.

I'd kill them all, every last pale one.

*end of flashback*

I sighed, I forgot about what they'd done to me. But even afterwards I was friendly, mainly because they said they had faith in me, something I never had before.

But still, that hatred will never fade.

Not by a long shot. I'd take what they'd made me into and use it against them.

F.O.T