Wonder

Remember kiddos italics mean it's in Italian 

Mitch's POV

I blinked dumbly at Jerome as he stood in my bathroom, looking down at me with wide eyes that continued to switch from his original shade to the vibrant yellow that could only mean trouble. 

"Heat?" I finally voiced my confusion, Jerome nodded his head.

"Yes"

"No no, I'm not supposed to, what do you mean heat?! L-like what animals go through?!" I asked in panic. I needed to talk to Mat.  

"Animals and including my species" He confirmed. I stood up fast and stormed past him, wrapping a towel around my waist and walking out of my room with Jerome hot on my trail.

"Mat! I need you to run some tests!" I called to the robot who had jumped at my voice from a chart. He simply put it away and walked up to me.

"I had actually wanted to talk more to you about your illness" He tapped on a button on his arm and brought up a hologram that showed blood cells.

"Given further investigation it it, there seems to be some slight mutation," He pointed and highlighted a few blood cells yellow to show the difference. "So far its not hurting you, in fact if anything it is simply regulating through your body mimicking that of an animals menstrual cycle if anything what you're going through is called a-"

"A heat?!" I cut him off, tapping my foot against the floor in anger. 

"Exactly" He smiled softly at me losing the hologram and looking at me in thought. 

"What I'd like to know is how" He hummed.

"Jerome was going through one of his episodes and bit me, that's how! Now what I'd like to know is how long will this last" I fumed on the spot.

"Another week" With a sigh as I sagged my shoulders at the language that fell off of Jerome's tongue could only mean one thing. A simple glance confirmed that in fact Jerome's eyes were intensely yellow once again.

"Language Translation for Italian; in process" This time around I was glad to have Mat around so I could understand him. As Mat repeated what Jerome had said for me in English I only cried out in angst. 

"It's uncomfortable! Why the hell did you even bite me in the first place?!" I asked him.

"So that you are able to carry my young" Jerome smiled softly, I paled at his explanation given Mat's translations.

"For Notch sake! I'm a man! I don't know of what your species can do but I can't carry babies! All this is for nothing!" With that I stormed back to my room, slamming the door behind me and locking it. 

I pressed my back against it with a sigh as I calmed myself down, I shook my head and went back into the bathroom, closing the door and draining the tub for a hot shower. Jerome was always pushing for a child but it was way too soon if one were to even call this a relationship. Did he even care if I was ready or not? 

It all had me wondering as I stood under the warm blast of my shower. My hand lingering on the spot he had bit me. 

Could I truly get pregnant just because of this bite? 

F.O.T